Pre-Match

Mark W

It seems in-play trading on tennis provides more opportunities, but does anyone have an opinion on the viability of pre-match trading?

It doesn’t appear that the volatility leading up to in-play is as great as, say, horse racing (although I stand to be corrected), yet odds still move pre-match.

Just wondering whether this option can play part of an overall strategy or whether experience shows it’s a bit of a non-starter?

Cheers
eightbo

perfectly viable. Would recommend treating pre-match as a different category to in-play stuff, however.
If you log your results log the Pre-Match result then for the In-Play result use Market result less Pre-Match result.

Consider adjusting your stakes accordingly to reflect the smaller price movements with Pre-Match.
Mark W

Thanks the thoughts, Eightbo.
Dallas

Don't think I've ever completed a trade pre-match trade on tennis
sniffer66

Dallas wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:31 am
Don't think I've ever completed a trade pre-match trade on tennis
Was going to say the same. Closest is laying pre off
Mark W

Sorry, should have clarified in my original post.

Closing out of the trade would occur pre-match as well.

Therefore, like pre-match racing, trying to trade any volatility before the match goes inplay.
Derek27

Mark W wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:44 pm
Sorry, should have clarified in my original post.

Closing out of the trade would occur pre-match as well.

Therefore, like pre-match racing, trying to trade any volatility before the match goes inplay.
I've tried scalping tennis pre-match, but I usually found my closing trade, despite sitting at a fair price, just sat there as everybody else is waiting for the match to start and not doing much. Then I'd have to either throw away good ticks or go in-play and risk the first point going the wrong way and losing 10 ticks!
Mark W

Cheers Derek27.

That’s definitely something I need to consider.

Return to “Tennis Trading”