liquidity betfair

mark21

Hi all,

I used to bet on betfair, mainly in tennis. For some time liquidity was gradually getting lower and lower, with less people betting and less money in the markets. I haven't been active for a couple of years more or less, and I wonder how things have evolved since then?

Right now there are obviously no tournaments to compare. What do you think, has it kept getting worse or is it better now than it used to be?
rik

tennis is about the same as 2 years ago
LeTiss

If you're betting, there's still plenty of money in the tennis markets.

If you're trading, 'Fill Rate' becomes more of an issue
mark21

Thank you for your messages guys. Sounds like it hasn't improved, and maybe liquidity is less constant (deduced from the fill rate issues). Not very good news, although I guess it was to be expected, since that was the trend in the last years.

Just one more question: regarding courtsiding, what has happened in the last tournaments with no public? Still some people being incredibly quick? With in play delay still 5 seconds?
mcgoo

Talking of liquidity. A (non trading IT friend of mine) described these guys as very smart (he is one of the smartest guys I know) and capable
https://www.apthletic.com/#
Wonder if anything will come of it-especially as they are based in Melbourne/Australia-with all the legal hoops they'll have to negotiate here..let alone the track records like Betdaq being booted out years ago. Most other betting gambling orgs here seem to be registered in the NT too
Liquidity will be one of the keys for sure.

I see Augur https://augur.net/- doesn't seem very active
BF still dominate for some time methinks :ugeek:
mishac

The markets are seeded with absolutely no delay. Think about how that is possible (there is only one obvious answer). Courtsiding is not an issue
rik

mishac wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:14 am
The markets are seeded with absolutely no delay. Think about how that is possible (there is only one obvious answer). Courtsiding is not an issue
what do you mean? seems strange no bet placement delay
mishac

rik wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:26 pm
mishac wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:14 am
what do you mean? seems strange no bet placement delay
Betfair are seeding the markets themselves (which is how "someone" gets around the delays)
motorhead

mishac wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:39 am
Betfair are seeding the markets themselves (which is how "someone" gets around the delays)
Wouldn't it be a courtsiders' paradise if that were the case?
mishac

motorhead wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 3:00 am
mishac wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:39 am
Wouldn't it be a courtsiders' paradise if that were the case?
No, because Betfair operate with no delay, while everyone else has a delay. So the seeding has the right prices for that point. The available money will then sit there for plenty of time for anyone to match

Return to “Tennis Trading”