Australian Open 2021

LeTiss

It will be interesting to see how many mid-match withdrawals there will be

Due to the heat, The Aussie Open usually has a few, but I suspect many players will be seriously lacking in match fitness this year

I wouldn't be trading large amounts on the outright markets this year. I think there could be some serious volatility with unexpected withdrawals
Dallas

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:01 pm
It's questionable whether the players can keep fit, be at their best or even whether a grand slam should be taking place under these conditions.
You'd be amazed at the ingenious ways some of them have come up with of keeping fit and even practicing in there Hotels rooms
You wouldn't get away with much of it in a regular hotel in normal times that's for sure!

and I thought Peter was bad completely re-arranging the his hotel rooms with his travelling traders set-up and satellite dish
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:28 pm
Derek27 wrote:
It's questionable whether the players can keep fit, be at their best or even whether a grand slam should be taking place under these conditions.
You'd be amazed at the ingenious ways some of them have come up with of keeping fit and even practicing in there Hotels rooms
You wouldn't get away with much of it in a regular hotel in normal times that's for sure!

and I thought Peter was bad completely re-arranging the his hotel rooms with his travelling traders set-up and satellite dish
I didn't catch her name but one girl was complaining that she had no access to gym equipment, not even dumbells and was unable to keep fit. You'd expect the tournament organisers to make sure they got everything they need.
rik

Dallas wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

dish in a hotel room??
rik

LeTiss wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:07 pm
It will be interesting to see how many mid-match withdrawals there will be

Due to the heat, The Aussie Open usually has a few, but I suspect many players will be seriously lacking in match fitness this year

I wouldn't be trading large amounts on the outright markets this year. I think there could be some serious volatility with unexpected withdrawals
if you ecpect withdrawals pre tournament, back all is the thing to do
LeTiss

No I was meaning once the tournament had started.
Derek27

rik wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:32 pm
Dallas wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

dish in a hotel room??
I'd have given her some exercise if I could get in her room. ;)
NickH

Euler wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:58 pm
NickH wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:54 pm
Apparently 600 people need to go back in to isolation because of 1 member of the hotel staff testing positive for Covid again.. interesting to see how this develops in the next few days.
A hotel connected to the tournament?
Glad you found it, as I am just online right now again :)
gazuty

https://www.theage.com.au/national/vict ... 56zca.html

The man worked at the Grand Hyatt, one of three main hotels being used for the Australian Open. Up to 600 tennis players, officials and support staff are considered close contacts and have been told to isolate and get tested, and all tennis matches at Melbourne Park today have been called off.
mishac

Money at stake for progressing in the tournament. I wouldn't expect many retirements, but some of the players will not have the same fitness they normally have. Temperatures are very variable in Melbourne, and with the tournament starting later, it's quite possible not to have any really hot days
gazuty

LeTiss

Looking forward to it. A few late nights in the offing
sniffer66

Been a race against time with the new beta\scoring but looks like I will be able to get some sleep and let the bot do a bit of the work

Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gazuty

Djoker through easy.
gazuty

Reasonably predictable and understandable that there will be plenty of sour grapes from first round losers about hotel quarantine.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/paire-s ... 570ps.html

Be interesting if there are more than the usual number of upsets and 1.01 turnovers.

Return to “Tennis Trading”