Help: Question about injury/ retirement in tennis matches

alldaygreen

Can anyone clarify what happens to your stake on the exchange if a player retires due to injury in a tennis match?

e.g
Ash Barty retired in the second set against Gauff recently.... at the time she was a set up.

Betfair help is a little confusing.

Does anyone know what happens to your trade when a game finishes due to retirement?

Many thanks
Trader Pat

Depends when the retirement comes.

If a retirement happens in the first set all bets are void, if the first set is completed then all bets stand.
Dr Ginhog

Exact same happened with Halep 1 set up . My Dosh____ whooosshhhh.
Heartbreaking
Twice in one week.
Dr Ginhog

Nevermind carry on regardless. There are easy pickings usually in tennis if you know the players capability. Can often get 4.0 on the outsider that should be 2.3 given their capability and position in match. Back, wait for price to fall and greenout. The good opportunities are mostly in good quality ATP/WTA events especially on the clay which has the effect of levelling the playing field.
Looking forward to the French Open starting in a week. When will nadal's reign here end?
mishac

grindhog wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 1:51 pm
Exact same happened with Halep 1 set up . My Dosh____ whooosshhhh.
Heartbreaking
Twice in one week.
It's a lot worse if you aren't "trading", i.e. you are in effect betting on the outcome. I do this, and may put 50 or more bets on the same player. Retirements kill me, and there is nothing I can do about it. I lost a fair bit on Barty, but overall I lose 0.5% to 1% POT on retirements. It's definitely not as bad if you trade out of a position
Dr Ginhog

Its a nightmare. I tried to reverse when i spotted but so many were trying to exit it was locked up and then it was too late. My real mistake was not to have used
Betangel to place the bet and have used a Servant or some automation to exit when the price drifts say 10 ticks or more over say 3/4 seconds. I think I have to look at servants again. You cant monitor all of the time.
Kai

grindhog wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 12:42 pm
Its a nightmare. I tried to reverse when i spotted but so many were trying to exit it was locked up and then it was too late.
Not worked much tennis in years but raw feeds should help, fastest fingers first etc.
Dr Ginhog

Had a multi sat actuator and all .It blew down in a storm and Never put it back up.
Just had a chuckle at your location. One part of the mannequin couple.
Dr Ginhog

Opps Kai hope your not really into Ivanka. If you were you would have a serious rival in Donald J Trump.Your picture of the comic genius suggests you have a sense of humour though and I am counting on that.
Kai

Expertly deduced!

Alas, 'tis true :| My undying affection for Miss Ivanka has been well documented.

My location, however, is a leftover inside joke from the presidential election thread. So I am counting on your lewd imagination! 👍
Dr Ginhog

Have it in spades. At my age thats all you have left :D

Return to “Tennis Trading”