US Open 2021 (Tennis)

ODPaul82

Having to use the evil that is flashscore :lol:
sniffer66

ODPaul82 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:04 pm
Having to use the evil that is flashscore :lol:
Just checked against the BF video feed and Guardian is even about 2 points behind that. Had to kill my automation

Edit: make that about a game behind
Euler

State of emergency declared in NYC: -

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/09 ... _source=tw
Euler

Realrocknrolla

Euler wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:32 am
Pretty crazy scenes: -

https://twitter.com/betangel/status/1433345525579980801
And that place has a roof 😳😳
Dallas

Cracking opening set in Halep's match
Dallas

Even the TB produced the good despite Rybakina being 2-6

Halep Rd3 Set2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Perfect start to set 2 after Rybakina breaks Haleps first two service games :)

Halep Rd3 Set2 0-3.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Well that was quite a match!

Halep Rd3 End.JPG
Euler

Two huge results in the early hours

18 year old Carlos Alcaraz upsets the No.3 seed Stefanos Tsitsipas
18 year old Leylah Fernandez upsets the No.3 seed Naomi Osaka

Osaka looks finished if you ask me. I totally get the mental health bit, but at the top level of sport that's part of the game. You can be the best player in the world, but if you don't have your head in teh right place no skill can overcome that. It's part of the game and indeed any sport.
Euler

emma.png
sniffer66

Euler wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:51 am
emma.png
Didn't see the match, but reading the reports seems she wiped the floor with Tormo. Very exciting prospect.
greenmark

Euler wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:04 am
Two huge results in the early hours

18 year old Carlos Alcaraz upsets the No.3 seed Stefanos Tsitsipas
18 year old Leylah Fernandez upsets the No.3 seed Naomi Osaka

Osaka looks finished if you ask me. I totally get the mental health bit, but at the top level of sport that's part of the game. You can be the best player in the world, but if you don't have your head in teh right place no skill can overcome that. It's part of the game and indeed any sport.
All pro tennis players have been under pressure to perform from an early age. At 23 she's just a child really. But she knows more about pressure than any of us. But perhaps the "unparalelled support" she believes surrounds her aren't the right thing at the moment.This tweet suggests she has issues that she has never dealt with and its finally caught up with her.
https://twitter.com/naomiosaka/status/1 ... gr%5Etweet
That tweet suggests to me she needs a professional mental health practioner to help.
Mental health problems are as (or more) deblitating as any illness.
The only good thing is mental issues can always be fixed with the right help. She should seek that help out and her support team should have already arranged that.
Dallas

Had too much going on to post as much as I normally do during a Grand Slam but had to post about Raducanu after she secured a placing in the semi's earlier.

After that surprising performance at Wimbledon which resulted in her pulling out in Rd4 when nerves got the better its fantastic to see her come back in a better frame of mind and looking even better

Some might say she's had an easy run to only have to beat one seeded player - but then again this is only her second Grand Slam and technically she's never been beaten in one yet so fingers crossed that lasts for her next two matches
sniffer66

Dallas wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:32 pm
Had too much going on to post as much as I normally do during a Grand Slam but had to post about Raducanu after she secured a placing in the semi's earlier.

After that surprising performance at Wimbledon which resulted in her pulling out in Rd4 when nerves got the better its fantastic to see her come back in a better frame of mind and looking even better

Some might say she's had an easy run to only have to beat one seeded player - but then again this is only her second Grand Slam and technically she's never been beaten in one yet so fingers crossed that lasts for her next two matches
Couldn't watch it live but was keeping an eye on the score in the watch list. Had a little cheer when she held serve to take the match.

Return to “Tennis Trading”