A Question of Stakes

merrie

First off, I'm not interested in how much you all earn. I am purely interested in what stakes you use, either an exact figure or a rough idea.

My reason is this,
I'm not new to trading, but I am to tennis trading (I've found it to be more profitable than my usual football). I've been practising trading/scalping the tennis this week, starting with a tenner and have built it up to £90. My goal would be to earn £100 for a day's trading, but to get that I would have to use stakes in the region of £400. Is it possible to frequently get stakes that high matched? And what if it only gets partially matched, for example say the Back is 1.5 and the figure below it is £150, if I staked £400 would I get £150 matched at 1.5 and if so what would happen to my other £250? At the moment, if the figure below the odds is less than what I'm staking, I don't trade. Am I missing out?

Thank you All.
JollyGreen

I am not a prolific trader of tennis so can't really help you. I am sure there must be guys and gals on here that can help you though.
andyfuller

merrie wrote:And what if it only gets partially matched, for example say the Back is 1.5 and the figure below it is £150, if I staked £400 would I get £150 matched at 1.5 and if so what would happen to my other £250? At the moment, if the figure below the odds is less than what I'm staking, I don't trade. Am I missing out?
Don't trade tennis myself but can answer this part - You would be matched for £150 and the remaining £250 would sit there waiting for someone to come along and match you or until you cancelled the order.
Nero Tulip

I tend to stake in binary format. £ per % point. My stakes are usually between £40-per-point (£2000 on an evens shot) in smaller tournaments to - £300-per-point (£15000 at evens) in the larger ones. These sorts of stakes I find can be comfortably matched, especially in the grandslams and masters/1000s where you could basically remortgage and still get filled.

Return to “Tennis Trading”