Where is tennis liquidity these days?

liviu650

tlkjb wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:10 pm
Factors are:
1) decreased market delay from 5 to 3 sec. This made it impossible to leave money in the market as soon as a point is being played and only helped the "one big bot" and the very few remaining courtsiders. (Of course, this helps between points, but takes away all the liquidity when a point is being played).
2) Tennis reduced the time between points by a lot in the last couple of years and at the same time, fast pictures became - mostly - unavailable. Just compare Amazon streams vs analog BCC pictures 10 years ago. Back then everybody had access and this brought a lot of money to the market.
3) Russia, Germany, the Netherlands, etc are not allowed to use Betfair anymore. Especially the money from Russia with "a variety of sources" is missing.
4) If you are in the long run losing money (which is true for 90% plus ), you will never be limited on traditional bookmakers. So you don't have any motivation to search for alternatives. But you need a constant flow of "loser money" to keep markets alive.
5) The exchange on Betfair and even more Betdaq are not cash cows for the companies. Neither of them is investing in the exchange products anymore. Without the premium charge - I think - there wouldn't even be an exchange on Betfair anymore.
6) Betting on exchanges - like everything - has become much more professional and automated. Efficiency kills margins and drives out the "smaller guys".
7) Betting is a zero-sum game (with the negative costs of Commission, Premium Charge, transaction fees, etc). Neither the governments nor the betting-companys need anyone wining money on the platforms to make money. So the decision makers have no interest in a successful exchange
True.
As a tennis trader myself on betfair, it is very hard for me to trade with the 3 seconds delay as scoreboards are getting slower and the lack of video streams with a latency within those 3 seconds to be able to manage(cancel) the positions. On atp one can trade ok if there are no courtsiders as the scoreboards speeds are decent.
In my opinion 3 secs is bs. In cricket there is a 5 sec delay and there are a lot of matched money.
Also I noticed this year some people have access to some fast feeds(1-2 sec faster than satellite) on wta that are hoovering the markets. I say this because you can see the same amount of money on every market on every wta tournament, even on those tournaments without spectators so they are not courtsiders.
Fyi they had a 5 seconds market on billie jean king cup.
So I had to step down from stakes of 3000 to 100-200 euro.

Return to “Tennis Trading”