Australian Open 2022

ShaunWhite

bennyboy351 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:13 pm

IMHO, the main problem with ALL sports these days is caused, on the whole, by people like us - GAMBLERS! ....
It's not so much the gambling money, its that sport is just a sideshow for marketing, advertising and hospitality. Does anyone actually care who wins these never-ending pointless circuses?
greenmark

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:22 pm
bennyboy351 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:13 pm

IMHO, the main problem with ALL sports these days is caused, on the whole, by people like us - GAMBLERS! ....
It's not so much the gambling money, its that sport is just a sideshow for marketing, advertising and hospitality. Does anyone actually care who wins these never-ending pointless circuses?
[/quote
Of course they do. For some the glory of their sporting hero is their glory too.
Is it all worthless froth? Not sure about that Shaun. Humanity is pretty complex. You could (perhaps) suggest that the energy people devote to their sporting heroes might be better directed elsewhere. But I wouldn't like to try to convince fans that's a good idea.
ShaunWhite

I get that, I was trying to say that when there were major events a few times a year they seemed to matter more. These days there's always something on somewhere and it's devalued it all. The aus open is big, but it's the same people playing each other every week so only the name is big. The actual tennis is just the usual A vs B.
Trader Pat

Novax hearing underway.. the judge has said he expects this to be finished by lunchtime
Trader Pat

Twitter lied to me! There was a still of a quad screen set up with a hot lawyer. In reality its a six screen set up with a load of bald blokes!
sionascaig

Gawd its dull...
Trader Pat

Was watching tv last night and on one channel they said he's virtually no chance of winning the appeal but on another channel they said he had a very good chance of getting an injunction and having the case adjourned for a couple of weeks.

Does that mean he could win an injunction, then play in and win the tournament and then get deported?! Scenes if that happened! :lol:
Derek27

I'd watch it if the hot lawyer was on but I just want this to get over. If he is allowed to compete, I find it really hard to believe that it wouldn't have a drastic effect on his fitness and ability to play. I doubt he'd simply get fit in the first few rounds but more likely get slaughtered in them. Come to think of it, perhaps that would be the best outcome. Let him play and get whitewashed in the first round by an unheard of player. :D
Trader Pat

Don't think he'll get beaten in the first round even if he turned up drunk, his first opponent is a fellow Serbian.

That poor guy wouldn't be allowed back in Serbia if he were to beat Jesus Djokovic.
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:21 pm
Don't think he'll get beaten in the first round even if he turned up drunk, his first opponent is a fellow Serbian.

That poor guy wouldn't be allowed back in Serbia if he were to beat Jesus Djokovic.
As long as his opponent has been vaccinated my money would be on his opponent. He would be determined to prove that vaccines work. :)
sionascaig

Boom - he's toast
Derek27

:D :D :D :D :D
Derek27

...and all because he couldn't be bothered to get a jab. Bet his Christmas tree's still up with the lights on. :D
Euler

What an idiot he has been. Amazing chance to be GOAT and he's blown it. You would think there is a chance he won't be in the French either. But the damage to his brand will be huge.

Return to “Tennis Trading”