Australian Open 2022

Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:21 pm
Don't think he'll get beaten in the first round even if he turned up drunk, his first opponent is a fellow Serbian.

That poor guy wouldn't be allowed back in Serbia if he were to beat Jesus Djokovic.
As long as his opponent has been vaccinated my money would be on his opponent. He would be determined to prove that vaccines work. :)
sionascaig

Boom - he's toast
Derek27

:D :D :D :D :D
Derek27

...and all because he couldn't be bothered to get a jab. Bet his Christmas tree's still up with the lights on. :D
Euler

What an idiot he has been. Amazing chance to be GOAT and he's blown it. You would think there is a chance he won't be in the French either. But the damage to his brand will be huge.
MemphisFlash

djok.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MemphisFlash

djok.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sionascaig

Think my understanding on how that market settled must be missing something..

When he got kicked from bf market I was in a good position with top 6 favs all positive & no lose on the rest... A couple of hours later, profits on top 6 have doubled & now have a profit on all the others of about 25% of top 6...(no change to bf balance)...

Did it settle twice?
MemphisFlash

djok1.jpg
Last edited by MemphisFlash on Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Euler

sionascaig wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:31 am
Think my understanding on how that market settled must be missing something..

When he got kicked from bf market I was in a good position with top 6 favs all positive & no lose on the rest... A couple of hours later, profits on top 6 have doubled & now have a profit on all the others of about 25% of top 6...(no change to bf balance)...

Did it settle twice?
No it was a 'false' market. Novax being taken out of the market reduced the effective book by about 30% from 100-115%.
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:44 am
...and all because he couldn't be bothered to get a jab. Bet his Christmas tree's still up with the lights on. :D
They actually do celebrate Orthodox Christmas somewhere in January :)
Trader Pat

What a shame all round.

The world number one not at the tournament to defend his title and also a shame that he didn't get to see what the Aussie fans really think of him. He'll probably go away now thinking that those flying Serbian flags outside the hotel speak for the whole of Australia.
Kai

Sad ending, some of the "Novax Deportovic" memes are too savage to even post, he may not be able to live this down for a long time. Glad it's over.

Dylan711

Hey guys just wanted your opinion on this.

I had some lay bets on the Aus Open Outright market on Djokovic. The odds drifted out and gave me a positive cash out option. For whatever reason, after I cashed out, betfair laid all the other players for varying amounts to give me say +$100 for all players. Thought it was weird but it was effectively a cash out by laying all players.

I then layed Novak again shortly after and I was immediately given a positive cash out and the same thing happened again (laid all other players). I did this multiple times but wasn’t able to continuously as some of the players had no liquidity so I had no cash option available. Just before Novak got booted (a couple hours ago) I had a completely green book for all players of about $1500. After Novak got voided, my book is now negative $8000 for every player. My balance is negative $3800. I have reached out to customer service but they are still discussing cash outs apparently for the market, what the fuck that means. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, absolutely tilted off my head at the moment. Will have to take this to the Gaming Commission (I’m from Australia) if this doesn’t get sorted.
tumby

Dylan711 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:24 pm
Hey guys just wanted your opinion on this.

I had some lay bets on the Aus Open Outright market on Djokovic. The odds drifted out and gave me a positive cash out option. For whatever reason, after I cashed out, betfair laid all the other players for varying amounts to give me say +$100 for all players. Thought it was weird but it was effectively a cash out by laying all players.

I then layed Novak again shortly after and I was immediately given a positive cash out and the same thing happened again (laid all other players). I did this multiple times but wasn’t able to continuously as some of the players had no liquidity so I had no cash option available. Just before Novak got booted (a couple hours ago) I had a completely green book for all players of about $1500. After Novak got voided, my book is now negative $8000 for every player. My balance is negative $3800. I have reached out to customer service but they are still discussing cash outs apparently for the market, what the fuck that means. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, absolutely tilted off my head at the moment. Will have to take this to the Gaming Commission (I’m from Australia) if this doesn’t get sorted.
The term "Cash Out" is very misleading. It gives the impression that you no longer have any risk, unfortunately the terms of the market you were playing was such that Novax's bets were voided leaving you a large loss. I think BetFair should change the name of "Cash Out" or even remove it as an option all together for any markets where bets can be voided.

Return to “Tennis Trading”