Australian Open 2022

Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:16 pm
Djokovic's gone home to a hero's welcome. Not quite sure why!
That was always a 1.01 chance

His family and Serbian politicians have made him a nationalist icon
Dallas

LeTiss wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:12 pm
I'm surprised Raducanu is still favourite. Her form has been disastrous and Sloane Stephens loves the big occasions
I only heard on the TV yesterday about getting dumped out the 'Sydney International' in 55mins 6-0, 6-1
That's a disastrous way to go into the open
Dallas

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:22 pm
Derek27 wrote:

He probably has the loudest hard core set of fans of any player on the circuit, I'm surprised we haven't seen more images of them gathering around and hailing his statue these last few days
Trader Pat

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:27 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

He probably has the loudest hard core set of fans of any player on the circuit, I'm surprised we haven't seen more images of them gathering around and hailing his statue these last few days
It doesn't look like he'll get the chance to defend his French Open title either. The French sports minister has said that athletes won't be exempt from the Covid pass that's coming into effect. I wonder who'll be PM when Wimbledon comes around? :)

Hope I'm wrong but I'm not sure Federer or Nadal have another slam in them so even if Djokovic had to wait until 2023 for #21 I'd fancy him to do it.
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:44 pm
Dallas wrote:
Trader Pat wrote:

It doesn't look like he'll get the chance to defend his French Open title either. The French sports minister has said that athletes won't be exempt from the Covid pass that's coming into effect. I wonder who'll be PM when Wimbledon comes around? :)

Hope I'm wrong but I'm not sure Federer or Nadal have another slam in them so even if Djokovic had to wait until 2023 for #21 I'd fancy him to do it.
Now that he knows he can't get away with it, we'll soon find out what's really important to him, remaining unjabbed or another Grand Slam. :)
Dallas

Trader Pat wrote:
Dallas wrote:
Trader Pat wrote:

Y, ever since mMcron made that statement about pissing off unvaccinated people I thought there's no chance he's stepping foot in France this year, and by the time Aug comes he might have a similar problem with getting in the US, so Wimbledon might be the only one he gets chance to play this year
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:53 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Y, ever since mMcron made that statement about pissing off unvaccinated people I thought there's no chance he's stepping foot in France this year, and by the time Aug comes he might have a similar problem with getting in the US, so Wimbledon might be the only one he gets chance to play this year
That was a stupid remark, he could have done it without announcing his intentions in public. But if he said he intends to make life hard for unvaccinated Serbian tennis players I'd have no problem with that. :D
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:49 pm
Now that he knows he can't get away with it, we'll soon find out what's really important to him, remaining unjabbed or another Grand Slam. :)
I'd be really shocked if Djokovic ever got vaccinated, the whole situation is now bigger than him. At home he's been held up as a symbol against oppression. If he got vaccinated now it would look like he's given in. I don't think those around him would let that happen.
Derek27

I'd hate to be the little boy or girl that has to choose which girl gets to call the coin toss. I'd feel awful about rejecting the other girl.
Euler

Got to love women's Tennis.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Job done
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Neil817

Anyone know why they haven't settled all the first round losers for the mens winner market? They have done for the women's market which is normal practice. I really hope there isn't some kind of review of the market going on due to the red books that a fair few people will have. The rules were clear and if people did not read them that's their problem.
LeTiss

There's been quite a bit of jumping around on Raducanu's outright price, since her win

Lots of activity from 16 to 21
tumby

Neil817 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:41 pm
Anyone know why they haven't settled all the first round losers for the mens winner market? They have done for the women's market which is normal practice. I really hope there isn't some kind of review of the market going on due to the red books that a fair few people will have. The rules were clear and if people did not read them that's their problem.
Its rather reminiscent of the US presidential election result which took Betfair ages to settle. Lets hope this isn't destined to drag on much longer and normal practice is resumed.
Kai

What in tarnation is going on here

Return to “Tennis Trading”