Australian Open 2022

Derek27

Still no removal of defeated players from the winner market. With 6 million traded it's quite an expensive error on Betfair's part.
gazuty

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:18 am
Still no removal of defeated players from the winner market. With 6 million traded it's quite an expensive error on Betfair's part.
Asked BF and they have said they hope to be able to complete it within the next 24 hours. 😬😬😬
tul0dhf

Euler wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:42 pm
If you put a lay on one and then cashed out. The book was overbroke so XM and cash out would have gone for a cashout by laying everything else. So that would be Betfair's fault. If you did that on Bet Angel it would have reversed your position to cash out and not tried to be 'clever' about it.

If you want to drop a note to support with the bet history from Betfair we would be interested in looking at it to confirm.
Thanks. I have just extracted the relevant history and forwarded it to support, referencing both our forum usernames and this thread. What you state above is exactly what happened. I put a lay on one and cashed out via cash out button and this created lays on everything else. OK I did repeat this a couple of times but was "trusting" cash out to be just that (as it is with the bookies) and not a trap !
Euler

Sometimes you wonder if reaching the top quickly is the worst thing that can happen. As opposed to a long slow climb.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tul0dhf

tul0dhf wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:09 am
Euler wrote:
If you put a lay on one and then cashed out. The book was overbroke so XM and cash out would have gone for a cashout by laying everything else. So that would be Betfair's fault. If you did that on Bet Angel it would have reversed your position to cash out and not tried to be 'clever' about it.

If you want to drop a note to support with the bet history from Betfair we would be interested in looking at it to confirm.
Thanks. I have just extracted the relevant history and forwarded it to support, referencing both our forum usernames and this thread. What you state above is exactly what happened. I put a lay on one and cashed out via cash out button and this created lays on everything else. OK I did repeat this a couple of times but was "trusting" cash out to be just that (as it is with the bookies) and not a trap !
Received an email from Betfair that as an act of goodwill they will be removing all the bets placed on the market that gave rise to my "unexpected position". Mightily relieved and delighted with their customer service! Seems the point I have been making about the unfair consequences of their cash out option was valid ! This is what they are presumably fixing before starting to settle lay bets on losers.
tumby

tul0dhf wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:43 pm
Received an email from Betfair that as an act of goodwill they will be removing all the bets placed on the market that gave rise to my "unexpected position". Mightily relieved and delighted with their customer service! Seems the point I have been making about the unfair consequences of their cash out option was valid ! This is what they are presumably fixing before starting to settle lay bets on losers.
I guess thats why the market has been suspended for so long. I am pleased for you but concerned with how BetFair will resolve the problem. I presume they are stepping into your shoes on the bets and not voiding them completely as that would then affect other traders positions for no reason.
Derek27

tul0dhf wrote:
tul0dhf wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:09 am
Euler wrote:

That's good news, not just for you but it suggests they realise it's their cock-up. I hope they will reimburse everybody who used cashout but it's going to be quite expensive as they'll have to honour the other side of the bets.
tul0dhf

tumby wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:53 pm
tul0dhf wrote:
I guess thats why the market has been suspended for so long. I am pleased for you but concerned with how BetFair will resolve the problem. I presume they are stepping into your shoes on the bets and not voiding them completely as that would then affect other traders positions for no reason.
Agree. It would be unfair on others if they voided both sides of the bets so I am fairly sure they will be taking the hit themselves.
Euler

Glad to see you got a result. Will be interested to see what mods they make to the market.
tul0dhf

Euler wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:52 pm
Glad to see you got a result. Will be interested to see what mods they make to the market.
Thanks - to you and to everyone else who gave me insight and support !
Derek27

Market suspended and the total turnover has dropped below £6M, so it appears that they're voiding some bets.
verance

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:19 pm
Market suspended and the total turnover has dropped below £6M, so it appears that they're voiding some bets.
They just settled the losers
plasteredric

Just seen this video on youtube:

https://youtu.be/MubkKy0-v5s

Is this right or is he now potentially looking at a loss?
gazuty

plasteredric wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:04 am
Just seen this video on youtube:

https://youtu.be/MubkKy0-v5s

Is this right or is he now potentially looking at a loss?
Looks right - but i didn’t watch it all just skimmed.

I did something a bit similar although not exactly the same. I backed the main chances without Djokovic. Once round 1 commenced and after Djokovic had been fully removed from the market I layed the main chances (as the % of market that Djokovic took up previously was distributed among those top players).

Of course nothing is risk free and court outcomes are difficult to predict. But my loss if Djokovic played would have been relatively minor against the upside. Plus so many other people were doing things incorrectly in the market and that was tilting it in favour of the strategy I used.
Lutruwita

If Djokovic sues the Australian government it's hard to see that his 3-year visa ban would be overturned early.

Return to “Tennis Trading”