Systematic Trading

Malanno0

Any of you has a sort of systematic approach on tennis (or in other sports) trading based on a database? With systematic approach I mean something like "I've got these prerequisites, so I enter in this trade, even if I'm not watching the game, because the datas that I have in my database tell me that I've got an hedge". How do you do this?
Euler

Short answer, with a lot of research.
Anbell

And trial & error
gazuty

Malanno0 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:28 am
How do you do this?
viewtopic.php?p=265873#p265873
sniffer66

For tennis I use a combination of pre off data and in play stats (to re-inforce the proposed entry calculated from the pre -off data)

I find this a good resource for pre-off data. It's not free but a damn sight cheaper than some of the offerings out there

https://www.patreon.com/tennisdata
Jasonffc1

sniffer66 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:11 am
For tennis I use a combination of pre off data and in play stats (to re-inforce the proposed entry calculated from the pre -off data)

I find this a good resource for pre-off data. It's not free but a damn sight cheaper than some of the offerings out there

Is this still available to get? I used to use these and found them very useful, they then stopped.
ODPaul82

I use stats on the frequency that the player gets broken & a break back in the set (on the surface, over x amount of games, how often they win the 1st set and win the 2nd vs how many times the player doesn't win the 2nd after winning first.

That forms the 3 strategies that I use.
Jasonffc1

ODPaul82 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:55 pm
I use stats on the frequency that the player gets broken & a break back in the set (on the surface, over x amount of games, how often they win the 1st set and win the 2nd vs how many times the player doesn't win the 2nd after winning first.

That forms the 3 strategies that I use.
Where do you get your stats from on break back etc
ODPaul82

Jasonffc1 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:04 pm

Where do you get your stats from on break back etc
tennisprofits.
You could avoid paying the charge by just spending the time looking at flashscore or tennis24 and collating your own numbers or having automation to calculate it for you but I'm lazy.
ODPaul82

As a further caveat I don't follow blindly, I do a ton of pre-match research on every game each day and the in-play action affects my decision whether to go involved or not.
Jasonffc1

Yeah I have scraped a few point by point websites and have created my own spreadsheets since the guy stopped on patreon.

From sniffer response he said he was using them still though but I thought he stopped.

Heard tennisprofits is quite good but doesn’t quite suit my entry points with the stats they offer.
ODPaul82

There's a couple on there that I would like to see such as broken immediately after winning 1st set but what I get from there I can't complain.
It saves me a **** load of time researching for the amount I have to invest
Jasonffc1

sniffer66 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:11 am

Are you still using these Sniffer? Can’t tell from link if guy is still offering them as says don’t subscribe get nothing.

Thanks

Return to “Tennis Trading”