Help with the Peculiarities of Tennis Please

firlandsfarm

Hi all, I'm finding myself becoming more interested in Tennis but to automate I'm thinking there are three data values I need to find ...

The sex of the players: Men and women are different, is there a way to segregate them when selecting/loading markets either with the Guardian Coupon or by a Condition in the Rule set?

The start time: All but the first game of the day will start when the previous game has ended making the actual start time variable. Is there some form of active flag that shows when the players have started warming up that would be say a 5 min. warning.

Weather/overnight breaks in play: Do you have to set the timer for your rule in-play to 48 hours or more! Or is there an actual flag that indicates when the game is actually in play and not just 'resting'?

Just wondering how people overcome these issues. The last one with a full card of matches would make a mockery of the Restrict Refresh facility in Guardian if wanting to save resources.
Dallas

1, Yes, you can insert either WTA / ATP for regular tournaments and Womens and Mens for Grand slams

There's a few examples below

Filters
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=23976
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=18748
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=18703
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=18704

Guardian Layouts and Rules
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=24295
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=23801

2, No, sometimes BF will update the times throughout the day but you'd need to remove and search/add the markets again for the updated times to take effect
Also rain can play havoc with things and add several hours to start time delays

3, I always set my in-play rules to around 10hrs after going in-play (and green up after 10hrs), for the times a match doesn't finish on the same day either due to rain or bad light I'd prefer not to have my automation continue into the 2nd day
But you can just set your rule to 'Always' armed with an in-play condition if you want your rule to continue to the end of a match no matter when that is
firlandsfarm

Thanks for all of that Dallas, most helpful.

Just one question/confirmation ... If I set the In-play rule to say 10 hours as you (or Always) does that nullify the Restrict Refresh facility or, if the market is suspended/closed is the drain on refresh resources minimal?

Return to “Tennis Trading”