Wimbledon 2022

Jukebox

Journalists will be looking for aliterative synonyms for 'hill' that start with an 'N' tonight at this rate.
zippus

Jukebox wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:11 pm
Journalists will be looking for aliterative synonyms for 'hill' that start with an 'N' tonight at this rate.
Norrie’s Knoll is all I can come up with.
Euler

Norrie has run out of steam. Sort of predictable given the difference between the two.
Trader Pat

Djokovic didn't have to do much to get back into the match, he'll have to play better against Kyrgios though.
Dallas

Quite predictable once he got into his stride in the second set

SF Djo End.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Could be a strange sort of final. Neither the most popular players on tour.
greenmark

Kyrgios is far better than his ranking. This could be a corker. Quite why Memphisflash would avoid this is beyond me. I guess your allegiance falls with who is the lesser villain. I would say Djok is brittle and the whole vacs thing was a poor image. But Kyrgios's antics on court really cheese me off. So i hope Novak rips Kyrgios up.
But Kyrgios is dangerous if he can be professional. Great serve etc. I just wonder whether his lifestyle will catch up with him against a robot like Djokovic.
Trader Pat

As a Nadal fan I'll always root against Djokovic in a slam but it is a bit like deciding which STI you'd rather catch
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:13 pm
As a Nadal fan I'll always root against Djokovic in a slam but it is a bit like deciding which STI you'd rather catch
:lol:
wearthefoxhat

Kyrgios has had some extra rest for the final. If Djok starts too slowly, then he might not get back into it this time.
Trader Pat

Djokovic hasn't looked anywhere near his best the whole tournament so I think Kyrgios could do him, just depends how he handles the occasion.

Added pressure for Djokovic in the GOAT race as it doesnt look like he'll be able to play the US Open and he might not be playing in the Australian Open either
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:58 pm
Djokovic hasn't looked anywhere near his best the whole tournament so I think Kyrgios could do him, just depends how he handles the occasion.

Added pressure for Djokovic in the GOAT race as it doesnt look like he'll be able to play the US Open and he might not be playing in the Australian Open either
Not his best but when he shifted into top gear he blew the opposition away. But I agree Kyrgios is very dangerous to take liberties with. A slow start may not be recoverable.
The beauty of this tie is Kyrgios hasn't been here emotionally. Will we see a Kyrgios that see's himself as a top player. He's left it flipping late.
I reckon he's going to crumble, but I'll be glued to the telly until it's resolved.
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:05 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:58 pm

Not his best but when he shifted into top gear he blew the opposition away. But I agree Kyrgios is very dangerous to take liberties with. A slow start may not be recoverable.
The beauty of this tie is Kyrgios hasn't been here emotionally. Will we see a Kyrgios that see's himself as a top player. He's left it flipping late.
I reckon he's going to crumble, but I'll be glued to the telly until it's resolved.
If he does crumble it will be interesting to see what kind of meltdown he has!

Funniest thing I've seen in a slam final was Medvedev getting bored with the speeches after he lost to Nadal :lol:

If Kyrgios loses he could top that :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5cjVqsyHmY&t=18s
BFDon

Shame one of them has to win but hope it's a competitive. Feel like Djok will edge a 1st set and then Kyrgios will blow up.
greenmark

BFDon wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:40 pm
Shame one of them has to win but hope it's a competitive. Feel like Djok will edge a 1st set and then Kyrgios will blow up.
It's curious how both are disliked. With Kyrgios its very obvious he wallows in his "villainy", But with Novak i guess it's his tantrums and dubious attempt to break Oz vax rules. Otherwise with Novak I see someone that has honed his natural aibiity to a razor's edge. Kyrgios, by comparison, is as honed as a baseball bat.

Return to “Tennis Trading”