Wimbledon 2022

BFDon

greenmark wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:02 pm
BFDon wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:40 pm
Shame one of them has to win but hope it's a competitive. Feel like Djok will edge a 1st set and then Kyrgios will blow up.
It's curious how both are disliked. With Kyrgios its very obvious he wallows in his "villainy", But with Novak i guess it's his tantrums and dubious attempt to break Oz vax rules. Otherwise with Novak I see someone that has honed his natural aibiity to a razor's edge. Kyrgios, by comparison, is as honed as a baseball bat.
With Kyrgios people make a big deal out of him wasting his talent. But I don't have a problem with that, you can't expect every player to apply themselves perfect mentally. It's his disgusting treatment of officials, the crowd the press which is completely out of line. Nobody deserves to go to work and get treated with such disdain, as if they were worthless.

Djokovic's problem has always been that Federer and Nadal set a very high bar. He was very well liked when he broke through, sadly he's always had a chip on his shoulder that he's not as well liked as the other two. Then there's the player council and the covid stuff
greenmark

BFDon wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:30 pm
greenmark wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:02 pm
BFDon wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:40 pm
Shame one of them has to win but hope it's a competitive. Feel like Djok will edge a 1st set and then Kyrgios will blow up.
It's curious how both are disliked. With Kyrgios its very obvious he wallows in his "villainy", But with Novak i guess it's his tantrums and dubious attempt to break Oz vax rules. Otherwise with Novak I see someone that has honed his natural aibiity to a razor's edge. Kyrgios, by comparison, is as honed as a baseball bat.
With Kyrgios people make a big deal out of him wasting his talent. But I don't have a problem with that, you can't expect every player to apply themselves perfect mentally. It's his disgusting treatment of officials, the crowd the press which is completely out of line. Nobody deserves to go to work and get treated with such disdain, as if they were worthless.

Djokovic's problem has always been that Federer and Nadal set a very high bar. He was very well liked when he broke through, sadly he's always had a chip on his shoulder that he's not as well liked as the other two. Then there's the player council and the covid stuff
My final word on Kyrgios is that he HAS squandered his talent and compensates by disrupting his opponents with his antics. Having said that redemption awaits him. If he beats Djokovic with dignity he will be a Wimbledon legend. Think on! Young Nick! 27 years old, Streuth! :lol:
Trader Pat

BFDon wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:30 pm
He was very well liked when he broke through, sadly he's always had a chip on his shoulder that he's not as well liked as the other two.
Its exactly this imo. Federer came along first and was mostly untouchable (except for the French), he was head and shoulders above everyone else. Then along comes Nadal a genuine rival but the polar opposite to Federer in every way, two completely different styles of play. Then Djokovic starts rivalling both of them for slams but could never get over the fact he wasn't loved as much as they were. That he lets the world know that bothers him is probably another reason why he's not liked as much. The celebration he does at the end of his matches is hard to watch.. how needy is that?! Then of course what happened in Australia and some of his personal beliefs are a bit out there so he'll just have to accept that he's liked as much as the third child of parents who wished they'd stopped after two :)
wearthefoxhat

IBM Watson predicts; Ladies final.

Watson L.png
BetfairW.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Always fancied Ons throughout the tournament. She seems to have momentum and confidence, which means a lot in an individual sport.
Dallas

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:38 am
IBM Watson predicts; Ladies final.

Watson L.png

BetfairW.png
Thats produced a lot of accurate results over the tournament, particularly surprised how it had Rybakina to beat Halep who was the heavy fav but ended up being beat in straight sets
Dallas

Euler wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:55 am
Always fancied Ons throughout the tournament. She seems to have momentum and confidence, which means a lot in an individual sport.
Y, i'm not expecting it to be a good match from a trading POV, just have to hope the mens throws up a few opportunities
henbet22

In great form tbf. Extra rest day between QF and SF potentially looks a big benefit. 3rd match today in 5 days rather than Rybakina 3rd in 4 days. However if she serves like Halep did then uphill task. (Not expecting her to serve that poorly though) The other question over Jabeur's chances would be if Rybakina can hit through her enough. (Including aces and free points on serve) Both have less than stellar records in finals so could be interesting.
greenmark

Something has just occured to me.
Wimbledon is a premier global sports event. And its on the BBC. (And hope it continues to be).
They've been losing sports hand over fist for years but the LTA evidently are in love with the Beeb.
wearthefoxhat

Watson's IBM Mens Final Prediction.

WimbM.png
Why.png
Odds.png

Kyrgios value?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trader Pat

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:57 pm
Kyrgios value?
Never trust the opinion of a guy that's never been laid
sniffer66

Always disappointed to see empty seats at the mens doubles final. For sheer entertainment and some amazing rallies, you can't beat doubles.

See some great pairs live over the years - McEnroe\Fleming, McNamara\McNamee really stand out
sniffer66

sniffer66 wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:08 pm
Always disappointed to see empty seats at the mens doubles final. For sheer entertainment and some amazing rallies, you can't beat doubles.

See some great pairs live over the years - McEnroe\Fleming, McNamara\McNamee really stand out
Great final set so far
greenmark

Martina Navratilova just described Kyrgios as "a knucklehead, sometimes".
That made me chortle. :D
Trader Pat

Stupid grins all round for the start of the final.

I fear this could be a blowout for Djokovic.

Return to “Tennis Trading”