Mastering Tennis Trading - Daniel Weston

Brovashift

Just seen this free book (mastering tennis trading by Daniel Weston) with BA sub/renewal on the BA blog...

Just wondering if it's still worth a read or if its a bit out dated now?

TIA
Euler

That's very old now, the offer and the book.

Just a bit of advice. Focus on one sport and strategy and work hard on it.

It's a classic newbie mistake to try everything and collect all the material available and only to realise you have wasted your time (and money).
Brovashift

Euler wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:38 pm
That's very old now, the offer and the book.

Just a bit of advice. Focus on one sport and strategy and work hard on it.

It's a classic newbie mistake to try everything and collect all the material available and only to realise you have wasted your time (and money).
Thanks Euler, sound advice ;)

I've completly stripped my trading down now to focus on Mdns, Novs, App's now, and ignore everything else as these have always been my profitable trades and the ones I can anticipate whats about to happen. I'll look at Hcaps again when these become second nature. My main goal right now is turning my rules into habits.

Tennis is an interest and filling in the gaps. I was just reading your tennis trading content on the blog and noticed the book, and did wonder if it was a bit old after reading up on Amazon, so thought Id better check before hunting the pdf version online lol.
Im not sure about modelling the data when it comes to tennis. I like the idea, but Im just not sure it's me. I could see myself spending hours scrapping something together only to find it doesn't tell me anything significant to give me an edge in my trading, at which point I'd probably lose interest. Plus you have already done a lot of the work with Tennis trader (thanks for that :D ). I keep seeing massive opportunities, yesterday and today, but Im reacting too slow and missing them, or wanting a better price, only for it to spring off without me lol. At least I am being more controlled now and waiting for the market to present an opportunity to tempt me in, I just need to get better at anticipating and reacting to the opportunities. :)
Euler

Best advice for Tennis is to do almost the opposite of what you think.

When I started trading Tennis I would back the person that looked like they were winning only to see them broken and 1-3 down in a matter of minutes.

So I'm always opposing the obvious, as long as the pay off is decent.
Emmson

Euler wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:28 pm
Best advice for Tennis is to do almost the opposite of what you think.
I associate that sage advice with your daughter - Rock Paper Scissors! :D
Brovashift

Ye, I like to find opportunities to lay at very short odds for minimal risk. I don't know if you saw Giron v Tsitsipas yesterday (I think it was that match), the chart looked like a heart monitor :lol: with big price swings. Tsitsipas looked like he was having a big off day. Huge opportunities....

Trying to trade racing and keep an eye on that tennis match wasn't a good idea... I should've just focus on the tennis yesterday. The racing was shite anyway! lol

Does the size of the field affect how much a price swings on e.g. front 3? because yesterday I felt like it just wasn't happening. Caught a decent move on about 2 Mdn/Nov races, rest traded in about a 5 tick range right up to post time! :roll:
Last edited by Brovashift on Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Euler

Racing was rubbish yesterday. Sometimes that happens!

Return to “Tennis Trading”