I spent a lot of time collecting data about tennis trading

Squibb93

Hi everyone, I am new user writing from Italy, happy to be part of this forum :D . I have been doing sports trading for a few years, particularly tennis trading.

I spent a lot of time collecting data about tennis trading on excel files and now I have dozens of files about every ATP, WTA and Grand Slam tennis tournament played since 2005 to 2022. For every file I have, in different cells, date, surface, players names, starting odds, outcomes of every set ecc.

My initial plan was to create a software able to give me an edge on markets. For example, imagine identifying a certain trend, on a certain player, when his opening odds are in a certain range. Or imagine identifying, in a specific tournament, a high tendency of the underdog player to win a specific set ecc.

The problem is that I realized my Excel knowledge is not that advanced to do this, not even to create simple formulas to get these infos, and that is why I decided to sell these data (because it cost me a lot of effort to collect them :? )

If anyone is interested let me know :D
Euler

You would need to make a sample available for anybody to judge interest.

Joe Buchdahl has tons of the same data available here for free: -

http://tennis-data.co.uk/alldata.php

So you would need to tell people what is different or special about your data.
Michael5482

Squibb93 wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:32 pm
Hi everyone, I am new user writing from Italy, happy to be part of this forum :D . I have been doing sports trading for a few years, particularly tennis trading.

I spent a lot of time collecting data about tennis trading on excel files and now I have dozens of files about every ATP, WTA and Grand Slam tennis tournament played since 2005 to 2022. For every file I have, in different cells, date, surface, players names, starting odds, outcomes of every set ecc.

My initial plan was to create a software able to give me an edge on markets. For example, imagine identifying a certain trend, on a certain player, when his opening odds are in a certain range. Or imagine identifying, in a specific tournament, a high tendency of the underdog player to win a specific set ecc.

The problem is that I realized my Excel knowledge is not that advanced to do this, not even to create simple formulas to get these infos, and that is why I decided to sell these data (because it cost me a lot of effort to collect them :? )

If anyone is interested let me know :D
Why not invest in learning Excel to utilize the fruits of your 17 years of effort. Took me less than 3 months from more or less a novice to produce model's/formulas etc in Excel and I've moved straight onto Python thereafter.

Seems a bit of a shame if you have that much data and want depart with it on the other hand there's no guarantee you may find what your looking for in the data but if it was me I know what I'd be doing.

Good luck with the data which ever route you choose.

Return to “Tennis Trading”