Gabashvilli vs Volandri

Frey

Anybody saw this match ? It's running right now and the market moves ALL THE TIME exactly opposite to the game. Gabashvilli a set down and a break down in the second set and trading below the SP - any news from somebody ?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Highly unusual odds movements.
101025 - Volandri v Gabashvili - 6-3 2-3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LeTiss

Yeah, spotted it

An investigation will be under way here

Gabashvilli was trading at 1.22 this morning, he then flew out to 1.47. Lots of money was then traded at 1.44/1.45, but then he steamed in to 1.18

When the match got underway, he was 1 set and a break down, but was still trading at 1.36

Bet365 stopped taking bets halfway through the 1st set

Low & behold he's now on the brink of victory
Frey

Why are you so sure about investigation being here ? You think from ATP or Betfair ?
LeTiss

Frey wrote:Why are you so sure about investigation being here ? You think from ATP or Betfair ?
Everything about the price movement suggests this was not an honest outcome

Or at the very least, a number of very big punters were confident of a Gabashvilli victory (even when looking in difficulty during the 2nd set)

If Federer was 1 set and a break down, he would be trading higher than 1.36, so for Gabashvilli this is highly unusual
Frey

So you think it's about to be investigated by Betfair ?

Does it have effect to write to the Betfair service to take it under investigation ? Any other ways ?

Regards
LeTiss

I think the bookmaking industry work closely with the Tennis authorities, so no doubt this match will be flagged

Gabashvilli is Ukranian & the match was being played in Russia, so I'm sure mafia jibes will arise

But, I'm confident this was not an honest result

I hope you didn't get stung!
Frey

I got cought by that heavily and therefore asking about possibilities to suggest an investigation.

Allmost all major bookmakers stopped accepting livebets on that event and although points were played AGAINST Gabashvilli, his price came in even more.

I wrote an e-mail to Betfair already but as always I am affraid they will simply do the usual statements like 'The odds movement was in no strange behaviour to the game played'.

Regards

PS: Would be great if BetAngel could write something to Betfair, for sure this has more value for them than a regular user like me.
LeTiss

I've written to them too

Let's see if they give me the same dismissive response!
LeTiss

I've had a response from Betfair!

They've confirmed their integrity team are currently investigating this match & will be passing on their findings to the regulatory body

This isn't the last we'll hear about this match, but sadly you won't get a refund Frey
Frey

You got a definate response that they are investigating ? If the result will be changed or cancelled after they also do not refund ? As if the authorities decide there was a non-sport behaviour included from what I know at Bookmakers ( even Asia bookies ) usually refund all bets placed, no matter won or lost. But I saw the market was settled already therefore no idea how they handle.
LeTiss

I'm not sure how things work Frey

2 years ago, I got seriously caught on a Russian Cup Match - it was a lower division side playing at home to Terek Grozni. Terek were 1.80 pre-match, but within the last hour steamed in to 1.25

All the bookies took their prices down & I lost £700 with Betfair. They accepted unusual activity on this match, but a refund of bets never appeared
Frey

Ok interesting, just wondering what's in their terms regarding such a case, will check that in case they really admit it was unusual betting pattern.

Definately this game was fishy, many crazy drifts were around during the last years but not as strange as today with the market moving exactly upside down to the points being scored.
giulio2010

Tennis is one of the most corrupt sport. most of Europe `s sporting authorities are investigating for years a group of people called the HOLE GANG which is rooted in the sports much more than what the authorities believe are. The only reason why many investigations are held in complete secret is to protect somehow the integraty of the sports it self. Same thing happens every days on Horse racing but no1 ever mention a single thought about it or if they did only because it`s on the news. 600 football matches were investigated in europe in 2009 for match fixing but, it`s believed that 1/3 were actually fixed and only 10% of it were in major leagues. I can guarantee you that if you lost money on that tennis match you would not get a refund. Betfair won`t give up their profits for the integraty of sports but, they will send to authorities the betting patterns and their concerns. That would be it. You have a small % that you are going to hear about this match in future. you will see.
LeTiss

I notice an irate Scott Ferguson has plenty to say on this match on his blog

A shameful episode for Tennis, but the ATP seem pathetically reticent not to tarnish the image of the game by bringing matches like this into the open. Only the betting fraternity notices these 'fixes', so as long as the sponsors don't, they are happy to sweep things under the carpet

Return to “Tennis Trading”