Tennis live scores

notangel

Today I lost a little on tennis because someone found out the result ahead of everyone else.I think that it was not a courtsider, since he was ahead not for a second, but for several minutes. The fact is that the match resumed but there was no information anywhere. I checked on 4 main bookmakers that give all tennis matches + sofascore. Sofascore updated after the end only .Bookmakers did not give a line for this match, while they gave for the rest. I thought that the match had not yet been resumed. Also I googled the information when someone bet on underdog( I layed underdog )and looked at a few other sites., but yesterday's score was 6:3 2:4 delayed everywhere.

It was a tournament ITF Portugal Forti-Curras Abasolo.
The question is how to find out the results of such matches so as not to get into such situations again?
Derek27

notangel wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:39 am
Today I lost a little on tennis because someone found out the result ahead of everyone else.I think that it was not a courtsider, since he was ahead not for a second, but for several minutes. The fact is that the match resumed but there was no information anywhere. I checked on 4 main bookmakers that give all tennis matches + sofascore. Sofascore updated after the end only .Bookmakers did not give a line for this match, while they gave for the rest. I thought that the match had not yet been resumed. Also I googled the information when someone bet on underdog( I layed underdog )and looked at a few other sites., but yesterday's score was 6:3 2:4 delayed everywhere.

It was a tournament ITF Portugal Forti-Curras Abasolo.
The question is how to find out the results of such matches so as not to get into such situations again?
I think about ten years ago I backed the winner of a tennis match after he had won. :D

But really, if you're trading an obscure match and don't have a live feed, you just need to be cautious about trading while waiting for the match to resume. People will know the match has resumed before you do, but you know that. :)
Dallas

You'd need a friend or someone on court to tell you ie a commentator.

All the sites you mentioed rely on score feeds from data providers, but if there is a problem with one all sites whixh licence there score feeds from them will be effected and not show the real time score/result

Bet Angel gets its live scores sent direct from the court so has the fastest possible score feed but even then there could be issues on court itself (albeit this would be very rare)
ShaunWhite

Dallas wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:50 am
All the sites you mentioned rely on score feeds from data providers.....

Bet Angel gets its live scores sent direct from the court .....
How? Do you mean sent from the same data provider the sites use, but without the need to wait for a site to update. Or as it read "sent directly from the court" which sounds like you have a person at every match :D
ODPaul82

ITF is always going to be dodgy from a betfair perspective due to lack of liquidity and also it's the lowest of the lowest tiers, 99% of the time there won't be a video stream. In theory you could be betting against two guinea pigs playing with a ball.

It highly likely was a court-sider as the umpires electrical box may well have failed therefore the live scores not going through but the match would have carried on with the umpire making a note of the score with good old fashioned pencil & paper.

The only ITF tournament I trade is the W100 level in December which is somewhere like Dubai (its the only time our tennis addicts can get our fix with decent liquidity around christmas).
Dallas

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:03 am
Dallas wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:50 am
All the sites you mentioned rely on score feeds from data providers.....

Bet Angel gets its live scores sent direct from the court .....
How? Do you mean sent from the same data provider the sites use, but without the need to wait for a site to update. Or as it read "sent directly from the court" which sounds like you have a person at every match :D
It was meant to say it comes directly from the data provider on court with no waiting for site updates

I had an issue with my phone last night only displaying what I typed in delayed bursts, another post I had replied to at the same time ended up full typos so gave us after those two replies
Euler

There is a procedure at each match for official scoring and stats, so our feed plugs straight into that.

There is no other feed, existing feed is licensed from that point onwards. So all official feeds will show the same data.
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:07 pm
There is a procedure at each match for official scoring and stats, so our feed plugs straight into that.
Interesting. Do you have a link to any information about how to obtain access?
motorhead

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:36 pm
Euler wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:07 pm
Interesting. Do you have a link to any information about how to obtain access?
you can't :lol:

Return to “Tennis Trading”