Tennis Detailed Stats

TennisTrader22

Hi all,

I have recently created a script to scrape tennis24 point by point data, can pick any tournaments you want and go as far back as possible. This can be done for Wta ATP and Challengers

After collecting the data I have done some vba work in excel to analyze the raw data to create spreadsheets with detailed stats.

Type of stats included:

Set breakdowns - set 1 winner set 2 winner, set 1 loss set 2 winner etc m. Set % for players.

break retained and recused - single breaks retained and rescued by players , double breaks too.

Pressure data - break points rescued saved. Serving for set % serving for match % serving to stay in set and match. Tie break win rate

Serve and return - hold from 0-15 hold from 0-30. Break from 0-15 0-30. Hold from 15-40 and break 15-40. Hold % after losing 1st set. Hold % 1 break down in set.

These are the type of stats I have put together from the raw data.

Would anyone be interesting in looking at these? Happy to have some suggestions to add new stats which can help trading angles.

Thanks

TT
Dallas

Thanks for offering to collect and share some tennis data

Tennis Abstract do already publish most of that data you've referred to
http://www.tennisabstract.com/cgi-bin/leaders_wta.cgi

So it might be worth checking through what they don't have and filling in any gaps
TennisTrader22

Yeah I have the general stats they provide, I have got more detailed like a players hold from 0-15 or 0-30 etc.

It shows all the data and % in match ups, so you type in the match you want and all stats update. It shows you how well a player performs at each stats compared to the average on tour and surface etc too.
Dallas

TennisTrader22 wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 10:40 am
Yeah I have the general stats they provide, I have got more detailed like a players hold from 0-15 or 0-30 etc.

It shows all the data and % in match ups, so you type in the match you want and all stats update. It shows you how well a player performs at each stats compared to the average on tour and surface etc too.
Sounds good

Feel free to upload anything you think would be useful, it might even be better posting it in the Excel section as most people tend to look there when they are looking to download data
viewforum.php?f=31
TennisTrader22

Yeah I am looking to see if anyone is interested and then go from there. Do I need to create new post or can you move etc?

Thanks
Euler

We can create something new. I'm thinking under the data section may be best?

I could create a sub section for Tennis?

We can move stuff as required.
TennisTrader22

Yeah that would be great. Thank you.

I can send sample screenshots too of spreadsheets to give people a look of how I’ve set it up.

Thanks
Euler

Hold on? You want to sell data, that's a commercial discussion. You can post data for others, but the forum isn't a marketplace. Hope you understand.

I thought you were going to post data.

I know data and stuff is useful, but just being honest, we don't want the forum full of people advertising products or services or it quickly gets out of hand when that becomes fair game.
TennisTrader22

I don’t want to sell the data. I want to see if anyone is interested in the spreadsheets after the data has been analyzed which I have done. This creates trading angles for matches on a variety of different stats. If people want to give a small fee that’s up to them.
sniffer66

I've done the same for Tennis Profits, which has detailed pre off and in play data. Unfortunately it's not something I can share as the site is on a paid sub.
ShaunWhite

TennisTrader22 wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 11:35 am
If people want to give a small fee that’s up to them.
It's quite nice to get bought a PayPal Pint for helping, I'd imagine. ;) Tbh I've never sent my mentor a pint but I'd give him a kidney if he needed one, without him I'd probably be having to sell one anyway. :?
TennisTrader22

sniffer66 wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 11:43 am
I've done the same for Tennis Profits, which has detailed pre off and in play data. Unfortunately it's not something I can share as the site is on a paid sub.
What type of stats do you have?
jimibt

sniffer66 wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 11:43 am
yeah, i remember you talking about this. i guess it will be interesting to compare what the OP is proposing to supply for free (or a pint) vs the cost of your annual sub. that said, there are some pricey pints to be had if the RANT thread is anything to go by :D
ODPaul82

I use TP, these are the pre-match stats available.
You can filter by all surfaces or have by individual surface
Timeframes are filterable by 30 days, 90 days, calendar year, 1 year, 2 years, all time or custom range
You can also filter by number of games, limited to current tournament, 10 games or last 30 games
  • Service Hold %?
    Return Pts W%?
    BP Save %?
    Break Pt W%?
    Opp Hold %?

Win first set %?
    Service Pts W%?
    1st Serve %?
    1st Serve Pts W%?
    2nd Serve %?
    2nd Serve Pts W%?
    Return Games W%?
    Tie breaks?
    Predicted Holds

Broken in first service game?
    Broken and break back before end of set?
    Get the first break of serve?
    Immediately broken back after breaking?
    Break, broken back before end of set?

Hold serve at 5-4?
    Broken serving at 5-4, lose set?
    Hold serve to win set (any score)?
    Hold serve to stay in set?

Win set 1, wins in 2 sets?
    Won set 1, won match?
    Lost set 1, won set 2?
    Lost set 1, won match?
    Broken first in set 2 after winning set 1?
    Lost set 1, broken 1st set 2, win set 2 (set and break)?
    Lost set 1, get 1st break in set 2?

Won set 1, winner 3 sets?
    Won set 2, winner 3 sets?
    Set 3, break 1st, broken back?
    Set 3, broken 1st, break back?
You also have match records available as well per game, and H2H records (i.e. Win/Loss), once again filterable by filters above.
  • Last 10 (all surfaces)
    Last 50 (all surfaces)
    Last 12 months (all s.)
    This year (all surfaces)
    Last 10 (current surface)
    Last 50 (current surface)
    Last 12 months (surface)
    This year (current surface)
    • There's a seperate section where you can review all players playing that day sorted high/low % wise with a fair few of the above stats
ODPaul82

Forgot to mention you can also filter by all levels, ATP/WTA, Challenger & ITF matches

As a final point don't forget as in all cases, the accuracy of the data can always be questionable
The Maria/Bronzetti match in Rabat today has the servers the wrong way around on Tennis24, certainly for the 2nd set as I traded it

Return to “Tennis Trading”