Courtsiders not welcome in Chennai

Euler

This was interesting from Scott Ferguson's blog

They reckon the gap between live and the electronic scoreboard was 15 seconds.

http://www.sportismadeforbetting.com/20 ... ennai.html
PeterLe

The first paragraph gives it away:-

A betting racket has rocked the ongoing Chennai Open tennis tournament in the city reports the Deccan Chronicle. The event organisers unearthed the scam after an interrogation of four foreign nationals — , an Italian, a Russian, A chap from Hook and a chap from the Solent area who were caught betting live from the stadium through their gadgets and TennisTrader!.

...It wasn't you and LeTiss was it!!! :D
Euler

There has been quite a turf war in the courtsiding world for quite a while I believe.
LeTiss

PeterLe wrote: A chap from Hook and a chap from the Solent area who were caught betting live from the stadium through their gadgets and TennisTrader!.[/i]

...It wasn't you and LeTiss was it!!! :D
LOL!!

Scott's dead right though, I don't think courtsiders are the major problem in Tennis.

The major problem lies with seriously suspicious betting patterns. We saw two or three blatant examples towards the end of the year. These matches were clearly fixed, yet the governing bodies seem to ignore these issues

I think they are basically scared of the dangerous individuals involved
BennyBlanco

Apologies for the obvious question to all on the thread (just so I am clear) - 'Courtsiders' essentially are able to get their positions into the market prior to the market moving (say at a breakpoint for example) even with the 5 second delay on BF?

Secondly - Are courtsiders banned from most ATPs? How are they compromising the game itself?!

As pointed out by Le-Tiss perhaps let chat about the ATP of the later part of last year in Russia (I think it was)!
BennyBlanco

Can anyone help me out 'shed some light' on the questions I previously asked.

Many thanks in advance for any time spent - appreciated.

Again apologies is it maybe an obvious question.

Cheers
Ben

Return to “Tennis Trading”