Profit question

Menschik

Hi guys,

I just started trading a week ago. I had a look at all those different videos and articles and stuff and stuff.

I've got a question though. I am currently in profit when trading tennis. Obviously I use smallest stakes for the moment, because I am still not confident enough to go higher.

Everytime I trade a tennis match I end up in 5-10% profit at the end. Is this a reasonable figure or should I expect it to go a lot higher? As I said, it is still a profit, but I don't know whether it is a good profit.

Regards
Menschik
oddstrader

most profitable traders would make less than 1% on turnover most likely less than 0.5% tbh, so your doing ok.
xpaul

oddstrader wrote:most profitable traders would make less than 1% on turnover most likely less than 0.5% tbh, so your doing ok.
How you define turnover? If you back and lay for let's say 10 000 is turnover 10 000 or 20 000?

Paul
Menschik

Thank you for your swift answer! That is what I wanted to hear really. It gives me more confidence.

I did not know whether I am doing ok or not really. So thank you again.

Regards
Menschik
Menschik

A better day today. Traded 2 matches. First was the match between Istomin and Russell. I ended up in 30% profit and the second one between Starace and Dolgopolov. I came into the market quite late, in the middle of the second set. The strategy I used was Lay the receiving player, when the favourite is serving, then back him after for a profit. Worked like a charm, with 10% profit after 1 trade.

Return to “Tennis Trading”