Copa Colsanitas

SilentDave

I've just been thrown out.
Think I need a more discreet computer...

I know the rules so I'm not complaining - before andyfuller pulls me up on that :) but the rule is to prevent match fixing. If I had fixed the game why would I need to be sat courtside watching the action unfurl?
Yet another instance of the rule makers failing to address the real issue.
PeterLe

Dave
Have you tried an Ipad? You can slip it in between a newspaper and two clicks you could display your email if you thought you were being watched??
Regards
Peter
SilentDave

Yes, I've looked at the Ipad, I'm just going to wait for this next batch of Android tablets that are coming out before deciding which to go for. I think a 7" tablet rather than 10" makes more sense. It's not that it needs to do anything spectacular, just connect to a VPS and have good battery life and a screen that can be easily read outside.
I don't even need 3G as I can hook it up to the wifi hotspot on my mobile so I'm assuming I can get something pretty cheap.
makkonen

Hi Dave,

Was that the first time you've tried the courtside or have you visited other venues in Latin America ?
By the way, how do you find the connection relibility in Colombia or TV coverage ? I'll most likely relocate to a neighbouring country next year and I'm interested if there are any issues I should be aware of when trading from Latin America.
Good luck with the tablet choice (or maybe an invisibility cloak :idea: )

Take care,
SilentDave

Yep first time - not a good record is it? :)

No real issues trading from here at all. I trade using a VPS and I have a Slingbox hooked up to a Sky box in the UK so I have access to all the UK pictures.
Here in Colombia there is decent terrestrial coverage of the local leagues and ESPN and Fox Sports for Copa Libertadores and other South American football. Internet connectivity is good and 3G coverage good also.
My trading has actually been transformed since I've been out here and I have been consistently profitable (something that hadn't been the case when I was in London). I'm pretty sure that it this is due to me being much more relaxed generally which means I don't try to force the issue looking for opportunities that aren't there and I find it much easier to take losses in my stride and not chase/go in-play etc.
The big positive for me is the time difference being 5 hours behind. I get up early for the UK racing and then I can either enjoy the rest of the day or move on to the football, US racing, basketball, Australian racing etc. something that just can't be done from the UK. This means there are many more events available to trade without having to stay up half the night.
I'm back in the UK for Cheltenham and then heading back out to Colombia in June for Copa America and U21 World Cup. Seriously considering spending the winter 6 months in Colombia and the summer in the UK as a matter of course in future, particularly as the winter racing fare is poor for trading and being here I can concentrate more on other sports (not to mention the fact that it is mid-80s pretty much every day here in Bogota, beer 50p a pop etc.!)
Euler

I traded from all over the world with a similar set up, vps, slingbox. It's very liberating being able to dip in and out of markets while enjoying the local weather and amenities.
makkonen

Thanks Dave for the info,

I thought the time difference would be an advantage.

Buena suerte !
makkonen

Hi again,

I forgot to ask if there is a significant time delay using Slingbox ?

Thanks
SilentDave

There is a bit of delay as there is a fair amount of latency across the pond but that's a distance issue rather than a Slingbox issue. It's more than adequate but just don't try and take on the courtsiders while watching on your slingbox :)

Return to “Tennis Trading”