Lay 1.01 back 1.02 or more later on

meldge

Hi

I have been looking at historical data over 100's of tennis matches and notice that many 1.01's wobble before going in especially on womens tennis.

My concern is getting matched for decent stakes (1,000,s) and using BA to place a bet automatically at say 1.02 after a fill at 1.01.

Will I get matched enough of the time? The last thing I want is a lay match at 1.01 all the time and none backing at 1.02!

Any experience in this are would be much appreciated.I know with racing 1.01's can be problematic depending on where you are in the queue.

Thanks

Alastair
burnpark

You are not alone with this strategy, I would place the bet with a very long fill or kill (max 60 mins I believe) with a one tick offset. At least you will be in the front of the queue for laying and have more chance of backing back at 1.01. If you look at horse markets there seems to be a lot of 1.01 sitting there at the off.
Good luck
meldge

Hi

Just checked Fracsoft on Wimbledon's mens tennis 2010. 72% of 1.01's traded out to 1.02 or more! Two lost the match.

I shall get this automated I think. My only concern is the brief time that some stay at 1.02 and I assume the 1.01's have to be placed as early as possible before the game starts ahead/just behind of Betfair's positions.

Waiting for the bigger swings to say 1.20 doesn't improve the overall profitability - taking it at 1.02 if you can gives the same profit and a smoother ride. Just laying at 1.01 should be OK but the loosing runs would be terrifying so trading out is a must I think.

Also there seems to be no pattern as in when to back out again at 1.01 if at all. Some games offer several chances on paper anyway to lay again at 1.01 and back out again at 1.02.

Glad to see some more thoughts on this one.

All the best

Alastair

Return to “Tennis Trading”