courtside

jimwah178

anyone interested in courtsiding tennis at wimbledon? Cant beat them join them!
Euler

If you are going to try this is probably one of the worst tournaments to try as the pictures will be pretty much live on the BBC. You would need to pick on a tournament on the other side of the world that isn't covered by normal TV services.
Photon

I'm going to Wimbledon on Friday, 1st July. Its court 1 though so doubles semi-finals going to be order of the day. I'll be armed with my iphone and laptop. Never tried courtsiding though so any tips welcome.
SilentDave

Yep, don't get caught :)
I got frog-marched off centre-court in Bogota by 3 coppers and had to go and see the head of WTA security...
Euler

I'd back that up. I went to Wimbledon a couple of years ago and saw somebody getting kicked out the grounds for using a laptop. I guess they are looking out for courtsiders. I seriously doubt there is any advantage to courtsiding at Wimbledon TBH.
Photon

You guys are right that it's not worth it especially doing it as a one-off. Rather enjoy the day and anyway I'm taking my 8 year old daughter so its definately not worth it.
Zapata

I wonder if you could operate an ipad from one of these?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powered_hang_glider
jimwah178

Well ive been eager to give court siding a shot so ill be trying at the next possible tournament. Any suggestions?
BennyBlanco

Attended Wimbledon last week and just observed the market to see if there was an advantage. Very very minimal tbh - but would be knocked out by the delay. Didn't participate - the day wasn't about that. But interesting to note.
LeTiss

I think you need to be quick off the draw Benny

A friend of mine took an iPad into Eastbourne and wasn't ejected. However, you have a 1 second window to get your bet placed. This 1 second is the delay between BF's bet placement delay, and the delay for TV pictures. When your watching the action to see who wins the point, it's very difficult to get the correct bet matched so quickly
jimwah178

If you were courtsiding what sort of bets would be the best to enter into the market.Fill or kill, offsetting that kind of thing. I've been keeping an eye some of the courtsiders at this tournament and their setup seems to be relatively simple. Surely there is room for one more.
Human123

Set up seems to be simple, as in what were they using?
jimwah178

Trialed my courtsiding method in budapest and bad gastein. After some trial error i was able to make 5% profit of my stake on each point. However it would much simpler and profitable with a second person. If anybody is interested in courtsiding in the future please send me a private message.
motorhead

Zapata wrote:I wonder if you could operate an ipad from one of these?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powered_hang_glider
LOL
PeterLe

jimwah178 wrote:Trialed my courtsiding method in budapest and bad gastein. After some trial error i was able to make 5% profit of my stake on each point. However it would much simpler and profitable with a second person. If anybody is interested in courtsiding in the future please send me a private message.

Jim, what device did you use and how would use the second person??
regards
Peter

Return to “Tennis Trading”