Tennis Trader Calibration

buyshirts

How often is advisable to calibrate in running?
I assume that it is always better to calibrate at a change of ends as the long break time gives the market time to correct itself
TheTub

I don't think calibrating at change of ends will affect much. But I suppose it is a small break in play.

From the user guide page 135:

Calibrate the system
Click on the "Calibrate‟ button.

This will allow Bet Angel to study the market and choose the best algorithm to use toapproximate future prices for your game modelling.

Do this just before the start of a match or during a break in play. Make sure you don't calibrate the software during periods of play or when the server is about to offer up a second serve. Only use the calibration tool before the start of a match, during a break of play or before the first serve in a point has been struck. You may also wish to calibratethe software again during a match as market conditions change. A change in market conditions may be something such as an injury occurring, or where the odds are slightlyout of sync with the software or where a fundamental change has taken place. Calibration works better when you are not at very short odds on either player.

Return to “Tennis Trading”