Separating luck from skill.

scotthooker

Hi,

I've been having an argument with a friend of my recently about my exploits in tennis markets. I am a very small scale trader by some peoples standards. However, equally to be making any kind of profit seems to bring you up to the next level.

However, I was told by my friend that in terms of trading technique I was doing it "wrong". However, I have managed to make a constant profit over wimbledon this year with only one negative end result and have traded my way out of a few losing trades.

It then all went slightly wrong on the wimbledon final. I put this largely down to I was forced to go to a christening and therefore couldn't trade properly without betangel and was using my phone... This was stupid but it did wipe out a large chunk of my wimbledon profit. And following on from this I've been thinking that perhaps it was all luck and come the next tennis slam I won't be as successful... It just so happens that wimbledon was a fluke. I'm still in profit over tennis but I am now doubting my self. Much like the time when you win your first bet and think you have one up on the bookies so you go reinvest...and lose everything.
Euler

If you know why you did something and can explain that it's skill, if you can't it's luck.

Return to “Tennis Trading”