Stored tennis data for selection not event

zippus

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help please. I'm using some ATP tennis stats that are loaded into Betangel using a csv file. I can get the stats to populate but only at event level. I can't seem to make it work on the market at the selection level. I've been through the BA templates and have used the SS stored values but can't get it to populate. I've attached the display of what I have currently (top) and at the bottom is a mock up of what I'd like to have using the selection stored values.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sniffer66

Obvious questions, but are you using a Selection SV and specifying the player name (as the selection) for each players line in the csv ?
sniffer66

If it helps, my csv looks like this, where I'm wildcarding on the player surname

Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zippus

Thanks Sniffer. I was using both the market name (column 1) and the player name as you show. I’ll try to work it out from your csv screenshot. Appreciate you taking the time to respond.
sniffer66

Hope it helps Zippus. If not, shout, and I'll try and and help.
zippus

Cheers for the help Sniffer. Got it working fine now. Much appreciated.
sniffer66

zippus wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:56 am
Cheers for the help Sniffer. Got it working fine now. Much appreciated.
Good stuff mate

Might have an update you could use at some point soon actually. Been playing around with a feedback loop in and out of Guardian for my football automation. It's using a one time CSV export rule (on in play time > 00:00) to push out the market name from a match as a named file. Which then gives your code the EXACT market name to query. I think we talked about the difficulty in matching selection names up previously, due to spelling differences - I have it working 100% on my footy automation and easy to port to tennis

The beauty is that it will then only try and pull data for those matches you've applied the baf to in Guardian. I've also got it self deleting when a match is over - so no pulling data/scraping for matches you aren't interested in

Will post it as an example at some point

Cheers
Stu
zippus

Sounds great. Amazing stuff and very decent of you to share. Will keep an eye out for the update.
Brovashift

zippus wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:37 pm
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help please. I'm using some ATP tennis stats that are loaded into Betangel using a csv file. I can get the stats to populate but only at event level. I can't seem to make it work on the market at the selection level. I've been through the BA templates and have used the SS stored values but can't get it to populate. I've attached the display of what I have currently (top) and at the bottom is a mock up of what I'd like to have using the selection stored values.

Hi Zippus,

This looks really interesting, good job :)

How do you pull in data from an csv file? Is there an option when creating custom columns? Also the data in the csv file, do you have to manually update it e.g. daily etc. or do you just download it from somewhere? Would be great if we could download from TennisAbstract and have it auto update daily, but Im fairly sure that TA data is pretty much static. You can look, but thats about it lol.

:P
zippus

Brovashift wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:09 pm
zippus wrote:
Hello,

Hi Zippus,

How do you pull in data from an csv file? Is there an option when creating custom columns? Also the data in the csv file, do you have to manually update it e.g. daily etc. or do you just download it from somewhere? Would be great if we could download from TennisAbstract and have it auto update daily, but Im fairly sure that TA data is pretty much static. You can look, but thats about it lol.

Hi Brovashift,

Thanks. I'll respond to your questions in turn.

How do you pull in data from an csv file? You set up an automation file in Guardian and create a rule 'Set Stored Values using a file'. Under parameters, you then point it to the csv file you've created.

Is there an option when creating custom columns? You can create as many columns as you want, provided you assign each with a unique name. There are templates and examples in the BA installed directory that explain how to do this but I can share a template with you if that would help.

Do you have to manually update it e.g. daily etc. or do you just download it from somewhere? I use a mixture. For static data such as serve / return stats, I load them manually and upload on an ad-hoc basis. For dynamic data such as live scores, I pull the data from sofascore (Sniffer has created some code that pulls this automatically - please serach the tennis automation section and check this out). I've had reasonable success with it and have used visual basic to plug some of the gaps.

Hope this helps.
Brovashift

zippus wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:22 am
Brovashift wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:09 pm
zippus wrote:
Hello,

Hi Zippus,

Hi Brovashift,

Thanks. I'll respond to your questions in turn.

How do you pull in data from an csv file? You set up an automation file in Guardian and create a rule 'Set Stored Values using a file'. Under parameters, you then point it to the csv file you've created.

Is there an option when creating custom columns? You can create as many columns as you want, provided you assign each with a unique name. There are templates and examples in the BA installed directory that explain how to do this but I can share a template with you if that would help.

Do you have to manually update it e.g. daily etc. or do you just download it from somewhere? I use a mixture. For static data such as serve / return stats, I load them manually and upload on an ad-hoc basis. For dynamic data such as live scores, I pull the data from sofascore (Sniffer has created some code that pulls this automatically - please serach the tennis automation section and check this out). I've had reasonable success with it and have used visual basic to plug some of the gaps.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply Zippus 👍

I have just been looking into web scrapping using Python, and have had quite a few other suggestions in another thread I started, so lots to work through. I am taking a bit of time this week to work on my racing and tennis execution as I've hit a bit of a flat spot. Someone else mentioned sofascore in the other thread so will check out Sniffers code in the automation section, thanks for the tip(s).

If its ok I will give you a nudge again if I get stuck and start pulling hairs... Highly likely :lol:

Thanks
zippus

Sure. Always happy to help if I can.

Return to “Tennis Trading”