Display In-Running Real-Time GPS Speed, Positions & Distance to Leader - One-Click Screen Settings

Dallas

These settings files for your One-Click screen are for use on horse racing markets, there key features include displaying each runners real-time GPS Position, Distance to Leader, Speed travelling (in mph) and the average speed over the previous rolling 5secs and 10 secs in custom columns ', distance to finish (in meters), percentage of race remaining.

It also displays a race meter progress bar which also uses real-time GPS data to show the actual progress of the race

To help see the positions and distance to leader It also uses Value Based Colour Settings, to change the cell background colour of the front three positions and a yellow to white colour Gradient settings to see the distance to the leader for each runner.

Value Based Colour Settings are also used to help show which runners are currently travelling the fastest and which have the greatest average speeds over the last 5secs and 10secs

Other information show include; Jockey names, Trainer named, Form and SP

When the settings files are used your one-click screen will appear like this

OC Speed2.JPG

Please note you will need to be using at least V1.58 to use this file, if you are using a older version you can download V1.58 from here
https://www.betangel.com/download/?product=BetAngelPro

You will also require an active subscription to Total Data Performance to see the real-time data in the additional information area
https://www.tpd.zone/subscribe/

Custom Column File
To use these one-click setting’s, click the 'Speed, Position & Distance.bcc' file below to download to your computer, then whilst on your one click screen click the ‘Star’ icon and that will open the Custom Column editor, after that click the import button and browse for the downloaded file on your PC - then you can select that file as your Profile.
CC Import.JPG
CC Import1.JPG
Speed, Position & Distance.bcc

Grid Layout File
You will also need to click on the 'Speed, Position & Distance.bgl' file below to download the grid layout settings file to your computer, once downloaded on your one-click screen click the paper with green arrow icon to import the grid layout settings file - you'll then be able to select it from the pick list just to the left of the gold star.
GL Import.JPG
Speed, Position & Distance.bgl

Using the Files
Once you've downloaded and imported the files as detailed above, you need to ensure both are selected for your Grid layout and Custom columns
Profiles.JPG

Rules File
To display the real-time GPS values from Total Data Performance you will also need to download and import the following 'Speed Position & Distance Values.baf' rules file into Guardian, once downloaded to your computer open Guardian and on the ‘Automation’ tab click ‘Import a Rules’ file, then each day just add your markets to Guardian and apply that rules file to them all.
Guardian Import.jpg
Speed Positions & Distance Values.baf
*Note this is exactly the same rules file as used for the ladder settings with a similar name so there is no need to re-download this if you already have that, you'll just need the other Settings files in this post

Editing the Rules File
Once you have it imported into your Guardian you can edit any part of it very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".
Please refer to the 'Note' tab for each rule understand how each rule works and how it may be connected to other rules within the file
Notes.JPG

Colour Settings
For the cells to change colour you'll need to download and import the 'Value Based Colour Setting' file below named, 'Speed', 'Position' and 'Distance' and import them into your Value Based Colour Settings Editor,
CC VBCS.JPG
VBCS Import.JPG
Speed.bavbc
Position.bavbc
Distance.bavbc

Then select them as your 'Back Ground Settings' for the custom columns as follows;
Apply 'Speed' to 'Current MPH', 'Avg MPH 5secs', 'Avg MPH 10secs'
Apply 'Position' to 'Position of Runner'
Apply 'Distance' to ' Distance to Leader'

Video Tutorial

You can also see the importing process for all the files above in this short video tutorial,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw0pOLUkO9A
(NB; it's the same process for any of the examples you might want to download from this section of the forum)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

TIP

In the first image of the previous post the selections have been sorted in order or their Position, this is done simply by clicking the column header you want to sort by

If you change the sort order but then want to return it to its default order you can click either the 'Silks' or 'Micro Chart' column headers

1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MemphisFlash

what do you do if you dont have those icons
Capture.JPG
Dallas

MemphisFlash wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:02 pm
what do you do if you dont have those icons

Capture.JPG
Click the 'Reset Toolbar' option shown in the image below and the buttons should appear
Toolbar.JPG
Oklar

?Click the 'Reset Toolbar' option shown in the image below and the buttons should appear

I clicked reset toolbar did not work any ideas cheers
Oklar

Sorry working now just restarted betangel
Shaung89

Would advise being careful if jumping onto the TPD bandwagon. I was in a telegram chat yesterday just looking at what was on offer and upon scrolling through the past month or so, I came accross a large number of occassions where the chip was put into the wrong horse saddlecloth (or similar). I deleted the chat as it was enough for me to make a judgement that TPD isn't quite ready yet for what I would use it for.

This had catastrophic outcomes for some users as you can imagine. Anyone automating off of TPD should just be very careful.
PeterLe

Shaung89 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:38 pm
Would advise being careful if jumping onto the TPD bandwagon. I was in a telegram chat yesterday just looking at what was on offer and upon scrolling through the past month or so, I came accross a large number of occassions where the chip was put into the wrong horse saddlecloth (or similar). I deleted the chat as it was enough for me to make a judgement that TPD isn't quite ready yet for what I would use it for.

This had catastrophic outcomes for some users as you can imagine. Anyone automating off of TPD should just be very careful.
You should easily be able to test/mitigate that in your automation
Euler

Shaung89 wrote:

It happens less than a Betfair issue, so maybe reassess your priorities there. You can trap errors in automation as well.

No system can be perfect, but my experience with TPD has been very good over the many months we have been actively involved with it. So there is no going back for me. The technology and reliability has improved a lot since Turftrax days and it's been hugely beneficial in me forming profitable inplay strategies.

It's so much better triggering on some aspect of a race or another rather than just odds, or manually. I've used the data to build some useful models as well. It's a big leap forward.
mcgoo

Euler wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:49 pm
Shaung89 wrote:

It happens less than a Betfair issue, so maybe reassess your priorities there. You can trap errors in automation as well.

No system can be perfect, but my experience with TPD has been very good over the many months we have been actively involved with it. So there is no going back for me. The technology and reliability has improved a lot since Turftrax days and it's been hugely beneficial in me forming profitable inplay strategies.

It's so much better triggering on some aspect of a race or another rather than just odds, or manually. I've used the data to build some useful models as well. It's a big leap forward.
Pity no Aussie races (yet? :P )
Walshie1987

Really excited about testing this today!

Just one question, I can't seem to see the Race Progress bar (that says 34% on your image above). I've followed all the steps but the bar isn't there. Is this something that is only available when the race goes live? I expected to see a space for it even if no data is populated at the minute.

Here's my screenshot, I've highlighted where the bar should go:
snapshot.jpg
Cheers
Chris
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

There's a page dedicated to the Race Progress Meter on the Bet Angel Settings screen. It's switched off by default, but you can choose whether to always show it, or only show when in-play. It also allows configuration of the colours used and whether to show the percentage label etc.
Walshie1987

Brilliant thanks, I'd got it set to "Show only when In-play and progress info available"

...So basically it was doing exactly what it should have.

Cheers
Chris
Pokrajac

Dear Mr. Webb,first of all thank you for all your great work!
I have just one question about TPD...by your experience,for how long is delayed this data from real time race?We all know that every second in this sport counts...thank you in advance and greetings from Croatia!
ilovepizza82

Shaung89 wrote:

I agree.
A lot of people are excited way too early.
Testing the service and i must admit, its not un-common to see a horse showing 20 meters away from the leader and a second later showing 5 meters away.
Turbo horse. ;)

Return to “TPD / Total Performance Data”