Display In-Running Real-Time GPS Speed, Positions & Distance to Leader - One-Click Screen Settings

Realrocknrolla

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:58 pm
Shaung89 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:38 pm
Would advise being careful if jumping onto the TPD bandwagon. I was in a telegram chat yesterday just looking at what was on offer and upon scrolling through the past month or so, I came accross a large number of occassions where the chip was put into the wrong horse saddlecloth (or similar). I deleted the chat as it was enough for me to make a judgement that TPD isn't quite ready yet for what I would use it for.

This had catastrophic outcomes for some users as you can imagine. Anyone automating off of TPD should just be very careful.
I agree.
A lot of people are excited way too early.
Testing the service and i must admit, its not un-common to see a horse showing 20 meters away from the leader and a second later showing 5 meters away.
Turbo horse. ;)
Or maybe the front horse has slowed down while the 2nd place horse has sped up! 😉🤓
Smog_Trader

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:58 pm
Shaung89 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:38 pm
Would advise being careful if jumping onto the TPD bandwagon. I was in a telegram chat yesterday just looking at what was on offer and upon scrolling through the past month or so, I came accross a large number of occassions where the chip was put into the wrong horse saddlecloth (or similar). I deleted the chat as it was enough for me to make a judgement that TPD isn't quite ready yet for what I would use it for.

This had catastrophic outcomes for some users as you can imagine. Anyone automating off of TPD should just be very careful.
I agree.
A lot of people are excited way too early.
Testing the service and i must admit, its not un-common to see a horse showing 20 meters away from the leader and a second later showing 5 meters away.
Turbo horse. ;)
A lot of people haven't looked at the data info on TPD, the error can be +/- 1.5 metres, that's a potential max claimed error of 3 metres between horses before the usual GPS errors can be thrown into the mix, there may even be courses or areas on a course that throw up more errors due to stands being in the way of sat signals.

It's interesting and will be useful to some.
ikeee

Thanks Dallas, wondering if your able to add more columns to this layout, ideally I want a some buttons that have say £5, £25 liability settings, is this possible ?
Dallas

ikeee wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:45 pm
Thanks Dallas, wondering if your able to add more columns to this layout, ideally I want a some buttons that have say £5, £25 liability settings, is this possible ?
Yes, you can add as many custom columns to your one-click screen as you want - you'll run out of screen space long before the number custom columns even when using multiple monitors

Just open the custom column editor by clicking the yellow star Icon, then select the next available custom column to edit, which on this profile I think is either the 11th or 12th custom column and away you go
Kermy74

Is there any chance of adding settings for a PAR speed value?
Dallas

Kermy74 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:34 pm
Yes, you can add (create stored values to capture) both the Par Speed and Par Stride data

Just go to the Stored Value tab of the rules editor as shown in the image below and add another stored value to capture the par data you.
SV.JPG

Once you created your Stored Values go to your One-Click screen and create your custom columns to display the Stored Values you've just added above.
There a step by step guide here on creating custom columns if you need it
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11365
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kermy74

Dallas wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:09 pm
Kermy74 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:34 pm
Yes, you can add (create stored values to capture) both the Par Speed and Par Stride data

Just go to the Stored Value tab of the rules editor as shown in the image below and add another stored value to capture the par data you.

SV.JPG

Once you created your Stored Values go to your One-Click screen and create your custom columns to display the Stored Values you've just added above.
There a step by step guide here on creating custom columns if you need it
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11365
Ty Dallas.
mancan12

Do you know what calc is used for the par speed. It doesn’t look like MPH?

Thanks.
Dallas

mancan12 wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:41 pm
Do you know what calc is used for the par speed. It doesn’t look like MPH?

Thanks.
All the speeds from TPD are in m/s (meters per second)

In the example above for the current speed I've converted that into MPH
ilovepizza82

How to convert it to KPH ?
Dallas

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:45 am
How to convert it to KPH ?
Change the adjustment to 3.6
ilovepizza82

Splendid. Thank you Dallas !
kevchall

managed to get it set up, cant this all be scripted?
Twin15

Does anyone have this information for the Ladder? Any help will be appreciated 👍
Dallas

Twin15 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:23 pm
Does anyone have this information for the Ladder? Any help will be appreciated 👍
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=23049

Return to “TPD / Total Performance Data”