Lay the Ex-Leader (if now 3rd or lower & Travelling Slower) - Guardian Automation Bot

RichB747

Thank you so much Dallas
We are all very lucky to have your expertise on these matters, I will study the set up and try to grasp the procedure of building automation files.
I am very grateful for your time in helping me, I know I would have been a very long time trying to figure it out. Thank you Dallas.
danielrc33

Greeting Dallas and members of the Forum. I am looking for some guidance in my Bet Angel and Automation journey.

I took Dallas file 'Lay the exleader' as source and edited some Parameters according to what I would like Automation to do. However when attempting to run the bot, no bet is trigger.

I am currently using a TPD subscription and the following is what I want the automation to do:

---
To place a lay bet on 'Any Selection' with a $0.01 stake at odds of 1000.

at 10% of the race remaining if 'Any Selection' is 10 meters or more behind of the leader and has lower speed than leader.

To place the bets ALL these conditions MUST be TRUE;

The number of Matched Bets is equal to 0.

The number of Unmatched Bets is equal to 0.

The data from TPD must have been updated during the last 0.5 secs - so you know the information you are getting is up to date.

There is 10% or less of the race remaining (Race is about to finish).

Selection 'Any selection' is 10 meters or more behind the leader.

Selection 'Any selection' has lower speed than the leader.
---

If anybody could take a look at the .baf file and tell me what could be wrong with the sets of instructions it would be awesome.
Lay with TPD.baf

Dallas wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:27 am
This is a basic Guardian automation rule for use on In-Running horse racing markets

The bot will place a lay bet using a £10 liability stake at the 3rd best market price when the following conditions are met for a runner
>Runner must have previously led the race*
>Runner is now in 3rd position or worse*
>Runners average speed in last 10 secs is slower than the runner currently in 1st position*
*(by actual race position not betting order)

Please note you will need to be using at least V1.58 to use this file, if you are using a older version you can download V1.58 from here
https://www.betangel.com/download/?product=BetAngelPro

This rules file will also require an active subscription to Total Data Performance to use the real-time GPS data
https://www.tpd.zone/subscribe/

How it works and using the Rules File
Once you have it imported into your Guardian you can edit those (or any other parts of the file) anyway you want or remove them and add your own rules to use the recent form very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

Please refer to the 'Note' tab for a more detailed explanation on how each rule works and how it may be connected/linked to other rules within the file
Notes.JPG

Downloading and Importing the Files
To use the file just click on the 'Lay the ex-Leader.baf' link below and that will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the pick list area just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

danielrc33 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:57 pm
Greeting Dallas and members of the Forum. I am looking for some guidance in my Bet Angel and Automation journey.

I took Dallas file 'Lay the exleader' as source and edited some Parameters according to what I would like Automation to do. However when attempting to run the bot, no bet is trigger.

I am currently using a TPD subscription and the following is what I want the automation to do:

---
To place a lay bet on 'Any Selection' with a $0.01 stake at odds of 1000.

at 10% of the race remaining if 'Any Selection' is 10 meters or more behind of the leader and has lower speed than leader.

To place the bets ALL these conditions MUST be TRUE;

The number of Matched Bets is equal to 0.

The number of Unmatched Bets is equal to 0.

The data from TPD must have been updated during the last 0.5 secs - so you know the information you are getting is up to date.

There is 10% or less of the race remaining (Race is about to finish).

Selection 'Any selection' is 10 meters or more behind the leader.

Selection 'Any selection' has lower speed than the leader.
---

If anybody could take a look at the .baf file and tell me what could be wrong with the sets of instructions it would be awesome.

Lay with TPD.baf

Dallas wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:27 am
This is a basic Guardian automation rule for use on In-Running horse racing markets

The bot will place a lay bet using a £10 liability stake at the 3rd best market price when the following conditions are met for a runner
>Runner must have previously led the race*
>Runner is now in 3rd position or worse*
>Runners average speed in last 10 secs is slower than the runner currently in 1st position*
*(by actual race position not betting order)

Please note you will need to be using at least V1.58 to use this file, if you are using a older version you can download V1.58 from here
https://www.betangel.com/download/?product=BetAngelPro

This rules file will also require an active subscription to Total Data Performance to use the real-time GPS data
https://www.tpd.zone/subscribe/

How it works and using the Rules File
Once you have it imported into your Guardian you can edit those (or any other parts of the file) anyway you want or remove them and add your own rules to use the recent form very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

Please refer to the 'Note' tab for a more detailed explanation on how each rule works and how it may be connected/linked to other rules within the file
Notes.JPG

Downloading and Importing the Files
To use the file just click on the 'Lay the ex-Leader.baf' link below and that will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the pick list area just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
I can't see anything obvious that should stop this from triggering, except maybe the 'Stored Value Distance from Leader' which doesn't need an adjustment in the second half of the window so you could try removing that

Also have double checked the log and automation tab below the bottom window in Guardian to see if the lay bet is actually being placed but just not matched?

If after removing the adjustment off the Stored Value you still can't see the lay bet being placed post back and i'll test the rule here later this afternoon to see if I can spot where it's failing
danielrc33

Thanks Dallas for your fast reply! I'll try it out on the weekend.
delghisallo

Hi Guys,

I'm after some help if possible, I've added an additional stored value for the percentage of race remaining, and set a condition for the signal to only start looking for horses that led the race, after 5% of the race is completed, the idea being that this gives the race time to settle down. However, the lay doesn't seem to to trigger now, so I've obviously done something wrong, but can't see what?? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

delghisallo wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:58 am
Hi Guys,

I'm after some help if possible, I've added an additional stored value for the percentage of race remaining, and set a condition for the signal to only start looking for horses that led the race, after 5% of the race is completed, the idea being that this gives the race time to settle down. However, the lay doesn't seem to to trigger now, so I've obviously done something wrong, but can't see what?? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I be just checked the signal rule and thats still triggering fine, so the race% condition you have added has been done right

Which races have you tried it on? as there is only Plumpton supported by TPD today
delghisallo

Dallas wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:58 pm
delghisallo wrote:
Hi Guys,

I be just checked the signal rule and thats still triggering fine, so the race% condition you have added has been done right

Which races have you tried it on? as there is only Plumpton supported by TPD today
Thanks for the fast reply Dallas :). I tried it in practice mode on some of the US races last night. I'll set it to run tomorrow in live mode with small stakes, theres quite a few TPD supported courses tomorrow
delghisallo

Dallas wrote:
delghisallo wrote:
Hi Guys,

Hi,

I've tried to add an additional rule so that the leader has to be in the lead for at least 5 seconds before the "led_race" signal is fired, however I have tried testing this at Flos Las today, but I'm fairly sure I've done something wrong. Any guidance on how to correct this automation would be great

Thanks

Delghisallo
Dallas

delghisallo wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:23 pm
Dallas wrote:
delghisallo wrote:
Hi Guys,

Hi,

I've tried to add an additional rule so that the leader has to be in the lead for at least 5 seconds before the "led_race" signal is fired, however I have tried testing this at Flos Las today, but I'm fairly sure I've done something wrong. Any guidance on how to correct this automation would be great

Thanks

Delghisallo
There is a condition on the signal leader rule that only allows it to trigger once per selection
Because that signal is currently being used to identify those that have led i'd leave that as it was and set up another rule a follows

'Set/Modify Signal' rule which re-arms every second and is applied to selection in custom ranking 1
Increment signal on selection (give it a new name)

To reset it when it's not the leader you will also need;
'Set/Modify Signal' rule which re-arms every second and is applied to ANY selection
Clear signal named

with a 'Signal Set condition' to test the new signal is set with a value
and a 'Relative Odds Condition' to test the selections back price
is less than
the back price
of the selection by Rank Custom Ranking 1

That should do it
delghisallo

Dallas wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:20 pm
delghisallo wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Delghisallo
There is a condition on the signal leader rule that only allows it to trigger once per selection
Because that signal is currently being used to identify those that have led i'd leave that as it was and set up another rule a follows

'Set/Modify Signal' rule which re-arms every second and is applied to selection in custom ranking 1

'Set/Modify Signal' rule which re-arms every second and is applied to ANY selection
Clear signal named

is less than
the back price

That should do it
Brilliant thanks as always Dallas....really appreciate you dedication to helping others!! I'll have a play around with this later and see if I can get it working in tomorrows markets :)
delghisallo

Dallas wrote:
delghisallo wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Delghisallo

Clear signal named

is less than
the back price

That should do it
Hi Dallas,

Sorry to bother you again, but looking at my log, I don't think I've applied this correctly. Any guidance would be really welcomed.

Thank you

Del
Dallas

delghisallo wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:29 pm
Dallas wrote:
delghisallo wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Delghisallo

Clear signal named

is less than
the back price

That should do it
Hi Dallas,

Sorry to bother you again, but looking at my log, I don't think I've applied this correctly. Any guidance would be really welcomed.

Thank you

Del
I won't have chance to check the file until tomorrow, but from the looks of the log (and assuming you've got logging enabled on your reset signal rule), then that's not triggering.
Can't initially think why it didn't trigger on 'The Midwife' as that clearly hit 5 before any other did
delghisallo

Dallas wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:40 pm
delghisallo wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Clear signal named

is less than
the back price

That should do it
Hi Dallas,

Thank you

Del
I won't have chance to check the file until tomorrow, but from the looks of the log (and assuming you've got logging enabled on your reset signal rule), then that's not triggering.
Can't initially think why it didn't trigger on 'The Midwife' as that clearly hit 5 before any other did
Thanks Dallas,

No rush at all. I'm sure its something I've done wrong :oops:

Once again I appreciate your support

- Delghisallo
Dallas

delghisallo wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:08 pm
Dallas wrote:
delghisallo wrote:

Hi Dallas,

Thank you

Del
Thanks Dallas,

- Delghisallo
Try this
Lay ex Leader with counter.baf

The signal was setting the name Counter with a capital 'C', but your condition had a lower case 'c'
Also I added the signal value condition must be 5, on to the the set leader signal rule
Last thing I've changed was the number of triggers on the set and reset counter rules to unlimited
delghisallo

Dallas wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:42 am
delghisallo wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:08 pm
Dallas wrote:

Thanks Dallas,

- Delghisallo
Try this

Lay ex Leader with counter.baf

The signal was setting the name Counter with a capital 'C', but your condition had a lower case 'c'
Also I added the signal value condition must be 5, on to the the set leader signal rule
Last thing I've changed was the number of triggers on the set and reset counter rules to unlimited
Brilliant Dallas thank you this works just as I wanted :)

Return to “TPD / Total Performance Data”