Opinions on TPD - is it worthwhile?

Integrate live racecourse data into your favourite Betfair trading interface from TPD.
ilovepizza82

sniffer66 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:43 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:29 pm
I would be very interested to see how Bet Angel users are getting on.

I signed up to Bet Mover for a month or two at the beginning of the year and it wasn't worth the money as the accuracy just wasn't there. It often called the wrong winner, perhaps 10-15% of the time. And occasionally it would be missing a horse completely as if it didn't exist!

Perhaps accuracy will improve with time but for now I'm treating it very much as a watching brief.
A fellow trader told me this week that there was a major innaccuracy on a horse a few days ago, won the race and TPS showed it as 15 yards back in 3rd/4th. Not the first time he's reported it either

Plus a few incidents where the wrong GPS tracker has been assigned to a pair of horses.

I don't feel I can trust it...
Its happening more often than people would like to think.
Seen that already a couple of times and I only been using it for a few weeks.
I even recoreded a video when a "wrong" horse won. Shocking to say the least.
Last edited by ilovepizza82 on Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Realrocknrolla

Someone was on the sauce last night!
jamesg46

Euler wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:18 am
Hey Stella, don't do this or we will just start deleting these sorts of posts.
Probably best to delete them, people who want to read genuine well thought out responses will probably stop reading after Stella’s 326.8th meaningless post. Imagine coming to this thread with a thirst for information, you probably wouldn’t make it to page 3.

Also the comments afterwards, such as this one that have no meaning to the actual thread topic itself.

I waited on this thread to fill up a little so I could get a broader view on opinion, when I logged in and noticed it was on page 3 I opened in anticipation, now closing in disappointment.
Kai

Euler wrote:
Could maybe merge his comments together under one post? To prevent the spam but not delete his opinion.

As incoherent as Stella's posts are, they are trying to be on topic, simply deleting it all would seem a bit harsh.
jamesg46

Kai wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:25 am
Euler wrote:
Could maybe merge his comments together under one post? To prevent the spam but not delete his opinion.

As incoherent as Stella's posts are, they are trying to be on topic, simply deleting it all would seem a bit harsh.
This would be better!
Dallas

Kai wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:25 am
Euler wrote:

I'd started deleting them before I got to Eulers post, but just so no one could say we deleted negative posts I did grab screenshots of the rubbish he was posting

SB.JPG
SB2.JPG
SB3.JPG
ilovepizza82

Can we move stella's rubbish topic to another thread please ?
Its about opinions on TPD .
Euler

I've no issues with opinions, but there is no need to.....

make
a
line

by line. Disjointed

across

different...

posts!*!!*

and sometimes

across threads..........

It's bloody annoying. The poster has previous on this as well. It's just annoying and unnecessary and distracts from the core content.
Dallas

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:13 am
sniffer66 wrote:
jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:29 pm
I would be very interested to see how Bet Angel users are getting on.

I signed up to Bet Mover for a month or two at the beginning of the year and it wasn't worth the money as the accuracy just wasn't there. It often called the wrong winner, perhaps 10-15% of the time. And occasionally it would be missing a horse completely as if it didn't exist!

Perhaps accuracy will improve with time but for now I'm treating it very much as a watching brief.
A fellow trader told me this week that there was a major innaccuracy on a horse a few days ago, won the race and TPS showed it as 15 yards back in 3rd/4th. Not the first time he's reported it either

Plus a few incidents where the wrong GPS tracker has been assigned to a pair of horses.

If you can post the video and any logs you have that would be useful to look at?

Maybe its just me but I'd of thought there'd always be loads of people betting in the closing stages and on the winner and therefore the wrong horse ie, a horse TPD had in Position 1 was in fact way behind, and then even more who saw their TPD data on there ladders/one-click screen not matching what was happened - and if it happened a thread would immediately pop up with quite a few unhappy people flagging it
sniffer66

Dallas wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:18 am
ilovepizza82 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:13 am
sniffer66 wrote:

If you can post the video and any logs you have that would be useful to look at?

Maybe its just me but I'd of thought there'd always be loads of people betting in the closing stages and on the winner and therefore the wrong horse ie, a horse TPD had in Position 1 was in fact way behind, and then even more who saw their TPD data on there ladders/one-click screen not matching what was happened - and if it happened a thread would immediately pop up with quite a few unhappy people flagging it
Just to add, the info I've been getting is not from BA TPD users, but other products that also have TPD. I assume you know the main one, though I wont name it on here
PDC

Dallas wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:18 am
if it happened a thread would immediately pop up with quite a few unhappy people flagging it
Maybe anyone who sees it happening does exactly this, a kind of Betfair Down thread. Then people will be able to get an idea of how often it is occurring, if at all and the reason for it.
parrettt

I think it is safe to say that you won't win anything if you follow their user guide.
They say that a low VF means a calm horse who will have conserved loads of energy and be in contention at the end. In fact, A high VF however can indicate a horse that was being held back ready to explode and win at the end. You end up looking at a lot of information with no real knowledge of whether it is useful. It is v expensive compared to bet angel I had high hopes for it but so far I look at the Bet Angel market overview more.
They say in one of their videos that the information you glean can tell you who the likely winner will be long before the final few furlongs. Sometimes you can and sometimes you cannot which does not really help because we can all do that.
If someone can harness their information usefully there may be hope. It has few UK races and the USA ones are not full of money so you are not going to get rich there!
SomeDude

I believe I got burned on this last night my time, day time UK. I'm still gathering data to support, what happened. On review of video, the horse TPD showed in first place was actually never leading and, in fact, fell before my automated bets were placed. This should never happen.
I'm fairly certain my automation is solid because I've been using it successfully for other TPD races where data matched events and video.
This was an anomaly, but it could have been catastrophic if I fully trusted the TPD feed and my stakes had been large. Thankfully, I'm still quite new to TPD and the stakes were relatively low. Also, since I'm just testing, I hadn't fully built in the error catch processes into my automation.. had I put max odds conditions on my back, the bets wouldn't have been placed.
Still, my experience showed me that errors on TPD's part definitely happen. Do not fully trust the data they provide. If you choose to use it, ensure you've got error correcting processes and logic in place.
ilovepizza82

Cant upload the video here.
It says its too big tho its barely 6mb...lol.
sionascaig

I'm sure TPD publish the tolerances of the system they deploy and defo read something about dropped / reconnected signals and how they are handled. Wouldn't any strategy have to factor this in to some degree (or not if you are happy with the variance)...

Return to “Bet Angel - Total Performance Data - FAQ's”