Highlight Which Runners are Challenging the Leader - One Click Screen Settings

megarain

MR challenger 5.0 layout.bgl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
patagoniaboy

Hi Dallas,

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering whether there was anyway to highlight the highest MPH out of all the selections at any point in the current mph column (each time it refreshes), and have the colour change the greater the value is from the second highest speed.

i.e. if the difference between the first and second fastest speed is less then 1mph its green or if greater than 1mph it turns red

Rather than displaying the difference compared to the "leaders_speed" which requires the pars data to be working from TPD, which I'm having trouble with.

Let me know if I'm making any sense

Many thanks
Dallas

patagoniaboy wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:34 pm
Hi Dallas,

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering whether there was anyway to highlight the highest MPH out of all the selections at any point in the current mph column (each time it refreshes), and have the colour change the greater the value is from the second highest speed.

i.e. if the difference between the first and second fastest speed is less then 1mph its green or if greater than 1mph it turns red

Rather than displaying the difference compared to the "leaders_speed" which requires the pars data to be working from TPD, which I'm having trouble with.

Many thanks
Yes you could,

You'd need another Stored Value to store a value from a range of values, with this you can set it to show the maximum
ie, it would look at all the stored values for the current speed and produce a new stored value which you could name something like 'fastest'

You'd then need to create a Value Based Colour Setting to colour/shade the cells accordingly
patagoniaboy

Dallas wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:27 am
patagoniaboy wrote:
Hi Dallas,

Many thanks
Yes you could,

You'd need another Stored Value to store a value from a range of values, with this you can set it to show the maximum
ie, it would look at all the stored values for the current speed and produce a new stored value which you could name something like 'fastest'

You'd then need to create a Value Based Colour Setting to colour/shade the cells accordingly

Hi dallas,

Thanks for your reply. Are there any resources/guides available on the forum that could help me implement this?

Thanks again
patagoniaboy

Dallas wrote:
patagoniaboy wrote:
Hi Dallas,

Many thanks
Yes you could,

Hi Dallas,

So I took your advice and managed to get a stored value to show the maximum value of speed for all selections.

As well as this I managed to rank the selections in terms of their speed and also display the difference between speeds of selections on my one click screen.

HOWEVER, at the moment I can only rank the speed of all selections and get the maximum of a range of values for all selections. I am having trouble trying to rank the speed and find the maximum speed of just the top 5 horses instead of the whole field.

Is there anyway to rank the speed within a rank of position (ascending), but just for the horses 1-5?

I would greatly appreciate your help on this, as I have been going round in circles and its frustrating me ahaha.

Many thanks
Dallas

patagoniaboy wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:12 pm
Dallas wrote:
patagoniaboy wrote:
Hi Dallas,

Many thanks
Yes you could,

Hi Dallas,

So I took your advice and managed to get a stored value to show the maximum value of speed for all selections.

As well as this I managed to rank the selections in terms of their speed and also display the difference between speeds of selections on my one click screen.

HOWEVER, at the moment I can only rank the speed of all selections and get the maximum of a range of values for all selections. I am having trouble trying to rank the speed and find the maximum speed of just the top 5 horses instead of the whole field.

Is there anyway to rank the speed within a rank of position (ascending), but just for the horses 1-5?

I would greatly appreciate your help on this, as I have been going round in circles and its frustrating me ahaha.

Many thanks

You've done really well to get it that far so well done on that

Regarding just getting the top 5 to be ranked I assume you just want to see the speed differences between those?
and those outside the cells need to be blank?
patagoniaboy

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:20 pm
patagoniaboy wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Yes you could,

Hi Dallas,

Many thanks

Regarding just getting the top 5 to be ranked I assume you just want to see the speed differences between those?

Hi Dallas,

Thanks very much, really learnt a lot doing it. Yes, just the the top 5 please. I'm interested in the maximum speed and then the speed differences between the horses compared to the horse with the maximum speed. In terms of the other horses, I'm not too bothered. Just interested to see if there is a way to rank a portion of the selection that have a stored variable i'm interested in (e.g. a "position" above 1 and below 5) as opposed to the entire selection as this is all I've managed so far.

If possible would open up a lot of other doors for me in terms of automation.

Thanks again
Dallas

patagoniaboy wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:59 pm
Dallas wrote:
patagoniaboy wrote:

Hi Dallas,

Many thanks

Hi Dallas,

Thanks very much, really learnt a lot doing it. Yes, just the the top 5 please. I'm interested in the maximum speed and then the speed differences between the horses compared to the horse with the maximum speed. In terms of the other horses, I'm not too bothered. Just interested to see if there is a way to rank a portion of the selection that have a stored variable i'm interested in (e.g. a "position" above 1 and below 5) as opposed to the entire selection as this is all I've managed so far.

Thanks again
What you'd need is a condition like this (it should have 6 not 5 in the box for what you want), and that condition needs adding to the Stored Value rule which outputs the final value/s
Capture.JPG

But if you are doing it to display only the top 5 SV's on the one click screen as these change around and runners fall out the top 5 their last values will remain (so you'd end up with them all populated if every runner has been in the top 5 of that custom ranking at some point in the race

So you'll also need another Set/Modify Stored Value rule which clears the stored values and that would have a similar condition except it would test for those greater then 5

hope that makes sense?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
patagoniaboy

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:43 pm
patagoniaboy wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:59 pm
Dallas wrote:

Hi Dallas,

Thanks again
What you'd need is a condition like this (it should have 6 not 5 in the box for what you want), and that condition needs adding to the Stored Value rule which outputs the final value/s

Capture.JPG

But if you are doing it to display only the top 5 SV's on the one click screen as these change around and runners fall out the top 5 their last values will remain (so you'd end up with them all populated if every runner has been in the top 5 of that custom ranking at some point in the race

So you'll also need another Set/Modify Stored Value rule which clears the stored values and that would have a similar condition except it would test for those greater then 5

hope that makes sense?
Hi Dallas,

So I understand what you said and implemented these rules and conditions however they didn’t seem to work. I’ve linked a screenshot below of them in progress.

SCREENSHOT

I added a rule to output the maximum of a set of values for “a named stored values (across all selections)” with the condition you said using a custom ranking that ranks by position.

I also implemented the SV rule that clears the variable “fastest” if the condition of custom ranking (position) is above 5.

Currently my method for speed difference is ordering selections by highest speed and subtracting ranks from one another.
I’ve attached my guardian file.

I’m finding it difficult to explain, is there anyway you would have time to make an automation file that can output highest speed for top 5 positioned horses as well as how to get the differences that i can import and pick apart/understand/compare to mine. Understand if you don't have time however, as I'm sure you have lots of people to reply to.

Many thanks, sorry this is so confusing, still getting the hang of automation. thanks for your continued replies
Dallas

Sure I can take a look sometime tomorrow for you and try and test it on a few races so I can see exactly what's happening, but you've done remarkably well so far and it's probably just one or two daft things to correct
patagoniaboy

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:22 pm
Sure I can take a look sometime tomorrow for you and try and test it on a few races so I can see exactly what's happening, but you've done remarkably well so far and it's probably just one or two daft things to correct
Hi Dallas,

That would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for the encouragement. Look forward to hearing from you tomorrow.
Dallas

patagoniaboy wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:59 pm
Dallas wrote:
Hi Dallas,

That would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for the encouragement. Look forward to hearing from you tomorrow.
Is this the type of thing you were looking for?

Capture1.JPG

The two blank cells being the current fastest and those outside the top 5 ranking by speed, obviously on a larger field there'd be a lot more blank cells each refresh
patagoniaboy

Dallas wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:28 pm
patagoniaboy wrote:
Dallas wrote:
Hi Dallas,

Capture1.JPG

The two blank cells being the current fastest and those outside the top 5 ranking by speed, obviously on a larger field there'd be a lot more blank cells each refresh
Hi Dallas,

Yep thats pretty much spot on! Thank you very much. I assume as well with the rules file you would be able to change the speed differences relative to each other? Would it be possible to send me that rules file so I can see how it works?

Thanks again
patagoniaboy

patagoniaboy wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:32 pm
Dallas wrote:
patagoniaboy wrote:

Hi Dallas,

Capture1.JPG

Hi Dallas,

Yep thats pretty much spot on! Thank you very much. I assume as well with the rules file you would be able to change the speed differences relative to each other? Would it be possible to send me that rules file so I can see how it works?

Thanks again
Just seen that position 1 is blank. Is there anyway to just rank the speed of the top 5 positions rather than ranking the speed of the entire field and excluding those out of the top 5 in speed and position. So in the example above it would be fastest = 30.18 (pos.5), followed by 29.01(pos.3) and 29.01(pos.4), then 28.61(pos.2) and 28.45(pos.1). Thereby excluding 30.47mph (pos.6) from the ranking as it is pos. 6 not 5.
Thankyou for the continued help Dallas.
Dallas

patagoniaboy wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:32 pm
Dallas wrote:
patagoniaboy wrote:

Hi Dallas,

Capture1.JPG

Hi Dallas,

Thanks again
Sure here they are below, the other is for the colours on your OC screen, you'll need to add a custom column to yours and the stored value name it needs to display is
rank_speed
for the selection

I didn't use yours because I started from scratch (with the original Speed Distance file) so I could do it in steps and check if there was a better way of doing it as I went but from the look of your if wasn't far off

The likely cause of the problems were probably having the rules in the right order (I had to play about to ensuring they cleared before re-triggering etc) and the order needed to be descending not ascending

So just import these use the same grid layouts etc then just add a custom column to the end and use the colour settings file and it'll be exactly as you see in the image

Return to “TPD / Total Performance Data”