Highlight Which Runners are Challenging the Leader - One Click Screen Settings

Dallas

These settings files for your One-Click screen are for use on horse racing markets, there key features include displaying each runners real-time GPS Position, Speed, The Leaders Speed at a Runners Location, Difference between the Leaders Speed at a Location and each Runners Speed at that Location.
This makes it easy to spot when a runner is gaining or losing ground to the leader.

These settings files for your One-Click screen are for use on horse racing markets, there key features include displaying each runners real-time GPS Position, Distance to Leader, Speed travelling (in mph) and the average speed over the previous rolling 5secs and 10 secs in custom columns ', distance to finish (in meters), percentage of race remaining.

To help see the positions and the Speed and Speed Difference distance to leader It also uses Value Based Colour Settings, to change the cell background colour of the front three positions and a Green to Red colour Gradient settings to see the difference in speed between each runner and the leader at that location

It also displays a race meter progress bar which also uses real-time GPS data to show the actual progress of the race

Other information shown include; Jockey names, Trainer names and finally there are three custom buttons allowing you to place back bets at either 5ticks below current price, 10 ticks below current price or simply to place the back bet at 1.01 ensuring you'll always get matched at some price (unless the horse is already trading at 1.01)

Using the Settings Files

When the settings files are used your one-click screen will appear like this, you can see the runner in second place 'Quick Draw' is travelling over 2mph faster than the leader was at this location, and if you see this cell consistently appearing green for several refreshes in a row and it's value is generally increasing then you know its making ground on the leader

OC Screen1.JPG

Please note you will need to be using at least V1.58 to use this file, if you are using a older version you can download V1.58 from here
https://www.betangel.com/download/?product=BetAngelPro

You will also require an active subscription to Total Data Performance to see the real-time data in the additional information area
https://www.tpd.zone/subscribe/

Custom Column File
To use these one-click setting’s, click the 'Challenger'.bcc' file below to download to your computer, then whilst on your one click screen click the ‘Star’ icon and that will open the Custom Column editor, after that click the import button and browse for the downloaded file on your PC - then you can select that file as your Profile.
CC Import.JPG
CC Import1.JPG
Challanger.bcc

Grid Layout File
You will also need to click on the 'Challenger.bgl' file below to download the grid layout settings file to your computer, once downloaded on your one-click screen click the paper with green arrow icon to import the grid layout settings file - you'll then be able to select it from the pick list just to the left of the gold star.
GL Import.JPG
Challanger.bgl

Using the Files
Once you've downloaded and imported the files as detailed above, you need to ensure both are selected for your Grid layout and Custom columns
Settings.JPG

Rules File
To display the real-time GPS values from Total Data Performance you will also need to download and import the following 'Highlight the Challenger.baf' rules file into Guardian, once downloaded to your computer open Guardian and on the ‘Automation’ tab click ‘Import a Rules’ file, then each day just add your markets to Guardian and apply that rules file to them all.
Guardian Import.jpg
Highlight the Challenger.baf

Editing the Rules File
Once you have it imported into your Guardian you can edit any part of it very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".
Please refer to the 'Note' tab for each rule understand how each rule works and how it may be connected to other rules within the file
Notes.JPG

Colour Settings
For the cells to change colour you'll need to download and import the 'Value Based Colour Setting' file below named, 'Speed2', 'Speed2 Difference' and 'Position' into your Value Based Colour Settings Editor
CC VBCS.JPG
VBCS Import.JPG
Speed2.bavbc
Speed2 Difference.bavbc
Position.bavbc

Then select them as your 'Back Ground Settings' for the custom columns as follows;
Apply 'Speed2' to 'Current Speed at Location and 'Leaders Speed at Location'
Apply 'Speed2 Difference' to 'Speed Difference +/-'
Apply 'Position' to 'Position'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
megarain

Hi Dallas,

This is wonderful work.

Have spent 30 mins trying to work out how to create two columns/signals which display the number of times
each runner has a speed difference of over +1.0, or under -1.0.

I get lost almost immediately, not knowing if you create a signal for the market or each runner.

When you have some time, could you or anyone else maybe expand this baf to include 2 signal counters to reflect the
number of times each runner goes over 1.0 in one separate column, and under -1.0 in another.

I hope that's clear.

Thx
Dallas

megarain wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:30 pm
Hi Dallas,

This is wonderful work.

Have spent 30 mins trying to work out how to create two columns/signals which display the number of times

I get lost almost immediately, not knowing if you create a signal for the market or each runner.

When you have some time, could you or anyone else maybe expand this baf to include 2 signal counters to reflect the
number of times each runner goes over 1.0 in one separate column, and under -1.0 in another.

I hope that's clear.

Thx
Sure, give this thread a prod early next week and i'll take a look at it for you
megarain

Bump.

Is it possible to take the value from a signal and make it a stored value ?
Dallas

megarain wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:26 pm
Bump.

Yes, you can do this, once a signal is set you can add a Stored Value rule (which increments the SV each time it triggers) and use a Signal changed condition.

I'll pop something together in the morning for you to have a look at
decomez6

megarain wrote:
Bump.

depending on the task at hand , Stored values are no different to signals.

the file below will signal when the price go UP and store a value -SV with (1)
- clear the signal when price go Down and rewrite value -SV with (0)

convert Signal to SV.baf
hope that helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bonnie

Great work guys. My question, is it possible to combine settings from the Speed, Position and Distance profile with settings from the Challenger profile on the same Grid. For example is it possible to have a Grid with Distance to Leader (from the Speed, Position and Distance profile) and Speed Difference +/- (from the Challenger profile) both on the same Grid?
megarain

decomez6 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:54 pm
megarain wrote:
Bump.

convert Signal to SV.baf

hope that helps.
Thanks v much.

Have looked at the file - I cant get my head around how the signal is named 'signal' with no extensions like
signal1, signal 2 etc for the rest of the field.

Will see if Dallas does the goods, or will try mess around after all the cricket.

Bonnie - am trying to set-up a baf which highlights the number of times a selection has 'material' speed differences - either over or under say 1.5.
from there, it should be fairly easy to monitor to see if the data means anything, and then maybe automate some bet placements.

Will attach anything I build, thou handle with care.
decomez6

megarain wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:28 am
decomez6 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:54 pm
megarain wrote:
Bump.

convert Signal to SV.baf

hope that helps.
Thanks v much.

Have looked at the file - I cant get my head around how the signal is named 'signal' with no extensions like
signal1, signal 2 etc for the rest of the field.

Will see if Dallas does the goods,
No worries.
Was a quick demonstration , showing a logical path on how Signals and stored values can be used inter-changeably . The names can be changed to reflect the functions of signals.
In this case i used a single signal working as an indicator to show when the price go up or down .whereas the stored value is serving the exact same purpose but using a binary function of 0, 1.

I have a file that works very similar to what you are looking for , but the problem is how I structured the whole thing and it’s embedded within a strategy iam working on.
It’s like a little mad world where I am the only person who knows the whereabouts of everything. wouldn’t make sense to anyone else.

Even I forget where am at , sometimes…. :)
elofan0

Not taking anything away from Dallas...... his work is oustanding in the forum but surely even without the tracking, using price, remaining time , book% etc should give an indicator roughly were each runner is in the field like the race monitor etc
Dallas

megarain wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:30 pm
Hi Dallas,

This is wonderful work.

I hope that's clear.

Thx
Have a look at these and see if they what you want, there hasn't been any races with Par's for me to test them yet but think they are what you want

Would you want it to just count it each unique time its above/below 1mph? ie, once counted it needs to drop below 1mph difference again before it can be counted a second time
Rather than count each refresh its above/below?

At the moment they are set for the later but that can easily be changed if that's the way you want it
megarain

Thx v much - will test as soon as TPD data is available.
Dallas

megarain wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:21 pm
Thx v much - will test as soon as TPD data is available.
I've done a copy of it where it only counts the unique times its above/below +1mph/-1mph
Only difference between the two are minor changes to the signals and signal conditions

I had chance to test it on the previous race at Southwell, not idea as it was a sprint race but as far as I could see it was all working fine, but if you do see any problems just let me know
MR Highlight the Challenger.baf
Dallas

Bonnie wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:10 pm
Great work guys. My question, is it possible to combine settings from the Speed, Position and Distance profile with settings from the Challenger profile on the same Grid. For example is it possible to have a Grid with Distance to Leader (from the Speed, Position and Distance profile) and Speed Difference +/- (from the Challenger profile) both on the same Grid?
Yes, there's nothing to stop you combining columns from any of the examples, its just a case of adding the data you want the Stored Value rule then adding the extra custom columns to the custom column profile you want to use.

When I post these examples I try and use different Stored Value names, but in case I haven't just make sure that two stored values are storing the same name for different pieces of data - if they are just change it to a name of your choice in the rule and custom column
megarain

I have added a few extra stored values / columns.

The counter looks promising - unfortunately data from Ffos Las is incomplete, so cant test properly.

This is a current layout - I will upload the files in a bit. Handle with care - I know almost nothing.
MR Highlight the Challenger 5 0.9 diff.baf
MR Challanger 5.0 baf.bcc

Return to “TPD / Total Performance Data”