Back 2nd-4th if Travelling Faster than the Leader at this Location - Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation rule for use on In-Running horse racing markets, the purpose of the bot is to try and catch those runners between 2nd-4th position who are now travelling faster than the leader was at their current location.

The bot will place a back bet using a £10 stake at 10 ticks below the best reverse market price, when the conditions listed below are met for ANY runner.
If the bet is not matched within 2 secs it will be killed (cancelled),

>Runner must be between 2nd and 4th in the race*
>Runner has been travelling at least 1.7mph faster than the leader was at this location
>Runner has maintained this consistently for at least the last 2 secs
>There is less than 40% of the race remaining
>Race has 7 or more runners
>Runners back price is less than 20.0

*(by actual race position not betting order)

Please note you will need to be using at least V1.58 to use this file, if you are using a older version you can download V1.58 from here
https://www.betangel.com/download/?product=BetAngelPro

This rules file will also require an active subscription to Total Data Performance to use the real-time GPS data
https://www.tpd.zone/subscribe/

How it works and using the Rules File
Once you have it imported into your Guardian you can edit those (or any other parts of the file) anyway you want or remove them and add your own rules to use the recent form very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

Please refer to the 'Note' tab for a more detailed explanation on how each rule works and how it may be connected/linked to other rules within the file
Notes.JPG

Downloading and Importing the Files
To use the file just click on the 'Back 2nd-4th if Travelling Faster than the Leader at this Location.baf' link below and that will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the pick list area just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shay111

Hi Dallas, I am wondering what the success rate of this strategy is and how often it gets triggered.
Thanks.
Dallas

shay111 wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:43 pm
Hi Dallas, I am wondering what the success rate of this strategy is and how often it gets triggered.
Thanks.
Its just an framework/example of how you'd go about setting something like this up, its up to each individual to then edit/tweak it the way the want it and find the best race types etc to use it on
shay111

Alright. Thank you :)
Morrisman

Thanks for this example Dallas.

If I were to apply a file like this to a number of races and leave the ]Race Data Connection Options to Auto Connect. Would BA only connect (and use my race allowance with TPD ) to those races or all TPD supported races regardless of if I have auto rule applied to it?

Did that make sense/

Thanks
Dallas

Morrisman wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:57 pm
Thanks for this example Dallas.

If I were to apply a file like this to a number of races and leave the ]Race Data Connection Options to Auto Connect. Would BA only connect (and use my race allowance with TPD ) to those races or all TPD supported races regardless of if I have auto rule applied to it?

Did that make sense/

Thanks
The Auto Connect option in your main settings will only connect you to TPD if you have a supported race on your main screen
Likewise the Connect automation rule would only connect you to TPD supported races you have that rules file applied to in Guardian (if it triggers)
Morrisman

thank you
sIGNAL

Dallas wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:11 pm
This is a basic Guardian automation rule for use on In-Running horse racing markets, the purpose of the bot is to try and catch those runners between 2nd-4th position who are now travelling faster than the leader was at their current location.

The bot will place a back bet using a £10 stake at 10 ticks below the best reverse market price, when the conditions listed below are met for ANY runner.

>Runner has been travelling at least 1.7mph faster than the leader was at this location

Please note you will need to be using at least V1.58 to use this file, if you are using a older version you can download V1.58 from here

This rules file will also require an active subscription to Total Data Performance to use the real-time GPS data

Once you have it imported into your Guardian you can edit those (or any other parts of the file) anyway you want or remove them and add your own rules to use the recent form very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

Please refer to the 'Note' tab for a more detailed explanation on how each rule works and how it may be connected/linked to other rules within the file
Notes.JPG

To use the file just click on the 'Back 2nd-4th if Travelling Faster than the Leader at this Location.baf' link below and that will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the pick list area just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

I'm attempting to get a bot going with the TPD subscription I've got, I need to make the most of this TPD sub to see if i can make it work for me as manual trading with it is so clunky and hit and miss (more betmover issues than BA)

so I think getting some automation going using some of the available data such as MPH, VF, CE, VE etc should be top of my list to try as that's niche data and I have some ideas around these values for specific races which I have been using with some success when manual trading so I want to explore this some more with automation as I know how I want it to work and think it will be just easier for me to automate it then leave it to test on small stakes and tweak as I go along.

I've been looking through various bots and the TPD ones you have put up Dallas, I'm going to modify one for what I need it to do, possibly this one as a starter so say if I wanted to use VF data for example, say lay a horse with high VF, for the VF part of the rules do I need to store that value first or can that just be cherry picked from within the TPD live stream and OR rules conditions? I'm not sure on how that part works?
Dallas

sIGNAL wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:38 pm
Dallas wrote:

Notes.JPG

I've been looking through various bots and the TPD ones you have put up Dallas, I'm going to modify one for what I need it to do, possibly this one as a starter so say if I wanted to use VF data for example, say lay a horse with high VF, for the VF part of the rules do I need to store that value first or can that just be cherry picked from within the TPD live stream and OR rules conditions? I'm not sure on how that part works?

It depends on what you wanted to do as to whether you need to put the data in a stored value first or if it can be tested directly in a condition

The best way to think about it is you can just use a condition if testing the current value against another or fixed amount
To test against a past/historical value you'd first need to store the value or put it into a History list

So to answer your question if you wanted to test the VF is greater than 'X' you can do this using just a condition
If you wanted to test the VF was at a new high you'd first need to be storing the value (each time there is a new high)
If you wanted to test the VF is higher now than 'X' seconds ago you'd need to be storing the value into a History list

hope that clarifies things for you?
sIGNAL

Dallas wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:55 am
sIGNAL wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:38 pm
Dallas wrote:

Notes.JPG

It depends on what you wanted to do as to whether you need to put the data in a stored value first or if it can be tested directly in a condition

The best way to think about it is you can just use a condition if testing the current value against another or fixed amount
To test against a past/historical value you'd first need to store the value or put it into a History list

So to answer your question if you wanted to test the VF is greater than 'X' you can do this using just a condition
If you wanted to test the VF was at a new high you'd first need to be storing the value (each time there is a new high)
If you wanted to test the VF is higher now than 'X' seconds ago you'd need to be storing the value into a History list

hope that clarifies things for you?

Thats perfect Dallas. I was actually just about to update my post to say that ive found where the stored values all are and can work with that but your other idea of also testing as a condition I hadnt even thought about so thats great thank you. This gives me plenty of scope to play with so I will get building. Thanks
sIGNAL

Hi Dallas,

would you mind when you get any spare time to have a quick look over my rules file. Its for TPD races and I have modified one of your automations. I dont think its far off what I want,

So it should be as follows;

Lay any runner in 3rd position that is 1.2MPH slower than the leader.
For 2 secs or more
last 25% of the race.

(I know there are some other conditions in there which are just basic conditions and these should all be fine...)

Once that part is sorted I then wanted to another condition for adding say 10 metres distance behind leader as well. I tried adding some of those rules from one of your other files and nothing triggered at all so thought its best to just get the basics right first then I can look at adding that part afterwards.

Its just that Im using alot of my TPD race allownaces to get the basics right and with not that many races each day for TPD i seem to be going round in circles on this one. I am not sure if i have any of the values back to front.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

sIGNAL wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:55 am
Hi Dallas,

would you mind when you get any spare time to have a quick look over my rules file. Its for TPD races and I have modified one of your automations. I dont think its far off what I want,

For 2 secs or more
last 25% of the race.

(I know there are some other conditions in there which are just basic conditions and these should all be fine...)

Once that part is sorted I then wanted to another condition for adding say 10 metres distance behind leader as well. I tried adding some of those rules from one of your other files and nothing triggered at all so thought its best to just get the basics right first then I can look at adding that part afterwards.

Its just that Im using alot of my TPD race allownaces to get the basics right and with not that many races each day for TPD i seem to be going round in circles on this one. I am not sure if i have any of the values back to front.
Just to clarify does it need to be the same runner in 3rd thats been 1.2mph or more slower than the leader?
If not what happens if 3rd place is more than 1.2mph slower for a second then the order changes and the new 3rd place runner is also more than 1.2mph slower for a second - is the rule to then trigger on that 3rd place horse?
sIGNAL

Dallas wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:13 pm
sIGNAL wrote:
Hi Dallas,

For 2 secs or more
last 25% of the race.

Just to clarify does it need to be the same runner in 3rd thats been 1.2mph or more slower than the leader?
If not what happens if 3rd place is more than 1.2mph slower for a second then the order changes and the new 3rd place runner is also more than 1.2mph slower for a second - is the rule to then trigger on that 3rd place horse?
Yes the 3rd place or less runners (4th, 5th 6th etc) that have been 1.2 MPH slower than the leader. (ive got it to set to trigger upto 3 times)
Thats the part im struggling with at the moment as think its all back to front. I will then be adding more rules after this part is sorted. TIA.
Dallas

sIGNAL wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:24 pm
Dallas wrote:
sIGNAL wrote:
Hi Dallas,

For 2 secs or more
last 25% of the race.

Yes the 3rd place or less runners (4th, 5th 6th etc) that have been 1.2 MPH slower than the leader. (ive got it to set to trigger upto 3 times)
Thats the part im struggling with at the moment as think its all back to front. I will then be adding more rules after this part is sorted. TIA.
So not specifically lay the 3rd place, its any position between 3rd - 6th? even if they are flip flopping about?
If no runner has been in the same position AND 1.2mph slower than the leader for 2+ secs then don't trigger?
sIGNAL

Dallas wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:32 pm
sIGNAL wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:24 pm
Dallas wrote:

So not specifically lay the 3rd place, its any position between 3rd - 6th? even if they are flip flopping about?
If no runner has been in the same position AND 1.2mph slower than the leader for 2+ secs then don't trigger?
sorry if im confusing you and probably myself lol as Im in the middle of trying to sort out 2 bots which are very similar but one using TPD data and one that isnt. Its just this TPD one im having so many issues with.

if it makes it easier as i can alter alot myself after, for now I just need sorting the following;

>Lay the 3rd place runner
>Runner has been travelling at least 1.2mph slower than the leader was at this location
>Runner has maintained this consistently for at least the last 2 secs.

>I then have a rule im using from another file which I will be adding (or if your able to add otherwise dont worry) that stores the distance between 3rd place and the leader and as long as the 3rd place runner is then 8 metres or more behind the leader then place the lay bet.

thats the basis of what i need if that now makes sense hopefully.

Return to “TPD / Total Performance Data”