Display Runners Speed and location on the course Map via Colour Gradient - TPD Map Settings

Dallas

These settings will display each runners speed on the TPD map using a colour gradient ranging from from red to green

Giving you a unparalleled 'real-time' view of how fast each runner is currently travelling, and this information is updated as fast as every 200ms so way ahead of any TV pics/info

NB; to use this settings profile you will need to have an active subscription to TPD and be using the new Bet Angel v1.60 which can be downloaded from the following page which also contains full details of all new options and features which have been added
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=26591

When these settings are used your Map window will look like this;

Speed Gradient1.JPG

Colour Settings
For the runners colour to change dependant on their current speed you will need to download and import the 'Value Based Colour Setting' files below, I've created two files one for use on flat race the other for jumps races this is due to the speed differences between each type of race
You can of course edit these files and change the speeds required for each colour any way you want
Speed Gradient (Flat).bavbc
Speed Gradient (Jumps).bavbc

Once downloaded you need to import them into your TPD settings area by clicking the spanner icon in the highlighted box below
TPD Speed Flat.JPG

Once imported you need to select that colour profile and then enter the shared stored value name for the selection as speed
so that your settings appear exactly the same as above

It is the same for the colour settings file for jumps,
TPD Speed Jumps.JPG
So if you've imported both files its just a case of switching between them here depending on the type of race unless you want to create a single use file that covers both types and the speed difference between them

Rules File
To pass the real-time speed data from TPD to your Map window you will also need to download and import the 'TPD Speed Data'.baf' file into your Guardian, once downloaded to your computer open Guardian and on the ‘Automation’ tab click ‘Import a Rules’ file, then each day just add your markets to Guardian and apply that rules file to them all.
Guardian Import.jpg
TPD Speed Data.baf
NB, If you have previously downloaded the 'speed, distance and positions.baf' file to display the speed on other screens you won't need this file as it also uses a stored value of the same name.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
parrettt

Hi there
Thanks for this
that orange box seems to not be on later versions but trying to make it fit

how do you add a second rules file to every race, there seems to be space for one only on my guardian. i apply rules all markets and a box says rules 2 but i cannot see a rules 2 column
I would be very grateful if you could let me know?
Dallas

parrettt wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:17 pm
Hi there
Thanks for this
that orange box seems to not be on later versions but trying to make it fit

how do you add a second rules file to every race, there seems to be space for one only on my guardian. i apply rules all markets and a box says rules 2 but i cannot see a rules 2 column
I would be very grateful if you could let me know?
Nothing has changed in the layout of that ribbon since the screenshot was done, the orange box is drawn on just to highlight where to click

To display additional columns you need to select them from the column chooser box on the 'List' tab of Guardian
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=27468
parrettt

Thanks for your help
is velocity and cadence which is there now in the box a replacement for speed gradient which i could not see?
Dallas

parrettt wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:10 am
Thanks for your help
is velocity and cadence which is there now in the box a replacement for speed gradient which i could not see?
The Velocity and Candence are two of the forms of data which can be retrieved from TPD
The 'Speed Gradient' is just a colour settings file (which can be applied to anything and/or edited to suit your needs)
sIGNAL

In above instructions you say "So if you've imported both files its just a case of switching between them here depending on the type of race unless you want to create a single use file that covers both types and the speed difference between them

How do I create a single use file that covers both types and the speed difference between them so I dont have to keep going in and changing this manually ?
Dallas

sIGNAL wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:22 am
In above instructions you say "So if you've imported both files its just a case of switching between them here depending on the type of race unless you want to create a single use file that covers both types and the speed difference between them

How do I create a single use file that covers both types and the speed difference between them so I dont have to keep going in and changing this manually ?
Just use one or the other

and if you want to change the values in the colour settings editor which dictate the colour displayed to try and find a happy medium
sIGNAL

Dallas wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:47 pm
sIGNAL wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:22 am

Just use one or the other

and if you want to change the values in the colour settings editor which dictate the colour displayed to try and find a happy medium
Ah OK thanks Dallas 👍

Return to “TPD / Total Performance Data”