TPD Feedback and Issues

Integrate live racecourse data into your favourite Betfair trading interface from TPD.
Martybhoy99

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:51 am
Martybhoy99 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:54 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:29 pm

The subscription part is handled by TPD, if you've reached your 100 race limit then they will switch off the data to you

When they looked into it for you and confirmed there was no issues with the data feed on Friday did they specifically check your subscription and confirm if you 'should' have been able to retrieve the data, or was it just the data feed in general which they confirmed was working?

I've been using that same Speed, Distance and Position file up to and including today and all the data has coming through fine
I've been using same file with no issues either. Given its my issue alone then its either TPD, Bet Angel or rules file. The same rules file was working with no issue until Friday.

Alan at TPD has confirmed there should be no issue as I had 44 races remaining on my subscription. The only difference I can see is that these 44 races are on 3 separate entries and tagged as "additional races". My lite subscription covers 100 races which has been reached. Hence I was wondering if that alone has stopped the data. Alan and TPD have said their end is fine.

Martin
I'm not sure what you mean by "these 44 races being on separate entries and tagged as additional races" but there isn't anything on Bet Angel's side that can restrict your access through subscription limits being reached that's done TPD's side

You could try ticking 'only' the 1st option on the race meter page in your main settings to see if the race meter still populates with information streamed from TPD
I was throwing out ideas given the TPD data, BA and rules file worked perfectly on Thursday (US racing issues aside) and the only difference from Thursday to Friday was my monthly subscription limit reached (of 50) but my account shows plenty of remaining races but they were coming from an additional 3 entries with 3 different expiry dates (unsure of how , why, where and when these were added).

TPD have provided a solution yesterday and I've sent the log files from Sunday's races (TPD diagnostics).

Up and running but just wondering what the issue was that lost me 3 days of racing data.
jamesedwards

Gulfstream race 5 (1st of 2 Turf races of the day): No position, distance to finish, or distance to leader data.
The Silk Run

I feel for you James, I really do. Clearly, you have invested a lot of time and effort on this product. I genuinely hope you reap the benefits and rewards for aĺl the energy you have put in. You deserve it ;)
jamesedwards

jamesedwards wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:46 pm
Gulfstream race 5 (1st of 2 Turf races of the day): No position, distance to finish, or distance to leader data.
Same for Gulfstream race 8 which was the only other turf race of today's card.

It seems turf races at Gulfstream are consistently not reporting all the usual attributes.

@TPD, can we have an update on plans to fix this going forward please?
TPD-Zone

An update regarding issues from the TPD US courses and in particular Gulf Stream. Investigations so far indicate on-course internet problems and hence data not being sent/received as quickly as we would expect it to be. Dirt/Tapeta races being fine is no doubt due to the positioning of the turf course, in relation to the aerials transmitting the data.

The TPD product, Bet Mover, which uses the same GPS data as Bet Angel does not exhibit the same glitches due to it being a more visual interface which smooths out the data.

The TPD team will be introducing mechanisms to overcome any delays at the course in delivering the data. In the meantime a short term workaround, to prevent false triggers would be to introduce a condition ‘Race information has been updated from Total Performance Data’ and increase the value above the default 0.8 secs.
jamesedwards

TPD-Zone wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:02 pm
An update regarding issues from the TPD US courses and in particular Gulf Stream. Investigations so far indicate on-course internet problems and hence data not being sent/received as quickly as we would expect it to be. Dirt/Tapeta races being fine is no doubt due to the positioning of the turf course, in relation to the aerials transmitting the data.

The TPD product, Bet Mover, which uses the same GPS data as Bet Angel does not exhibit the same glitches due to it being a more visual interface which smooths out the data.

The TPD team will be introducing mechanisms to overcome any delays at the course in delivering the data. In the meantime a short term workaround, to prevent false triggers would be to introduce a condition ‘Race information has been updated from Total Performance Data’ and increase the value above the default 0.8 secs.
I don't think on-course internet problems is the Gulfstream issue. Coordinate data and speed is always fine throughout the race. It is always just race position, distance to finish, and distance to leader that reports zero, and it reports zero throughout the whole race, not just occasionally. I would say more likely to be some kind of mapping software issue.

From memory, Bet Mover only uses coordinate and speed data which is working fine, so it won't be affected.

I can't attach a text file here so I will email you the log from Gulfstream R5 turf race just now. Same issue as usual.
jamesedwards

TPD-Zone wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:02 pm

Sam Houston remains advertised on your schedule but is no longer being covered with "The race is not supported" error on every race.

Is this a temporary or permanent change?
TPD-Zone

Apologies - we are aware of a technical glitch re our connecting to Sam Houston and Customer Support thought it had been fixed - obviously not. A status update will be posted later re the overnight meeting Fri/Sat. Thanks.
jamesedwards

Tampa Bay race 1: connected but no data flow throughout the race
TPD-Zone

To confirm that Sam Houston will be ok tonight. we will take a look at Tampa Bay.
jamesedwards

TPD-Zone wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:59 pm
To confirm that Sam Houston will be ok tonight. we will take a look at Tampa Bay.
Thanks for confirming.

Tampa Bay has been fine race 2 onwards so far. Just race 1 was missing.
jamesedwards

Golden Gate R7 and R8: Connected but no data throughout race, just like the Tampa R1 from earlier.
jamesedwards

TPD-Zone wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:59 pm
No Sam Houston coverage again tonight. Same issue as previously: "The race is not supported" error on every race.
jamesedwards

Tamps Bay race 2: no TPD data all race
PeterLe

jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:18 pm
Tamps Bay race 2: no TPD data all race
James, - Do you get your quota increased for these races where TPD data isnt present?

Return to “Bet Angel - Total Performance Data - FAQ's”