TPD Feedback and Issues

Integrate live racecourse data into your favourite Betfair trading interface from TPD.
TPD-Zone

TPD-Zone wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 10:50 am
Unfortunately it is highly likely that we will not be operating at Rippon today. Our Field Operator, the guy who deals with the on course GPS trackers and associated infrastructure, has come down with Covid. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Addendum - just been informed that we have found cover for Rippon today and the meeting will be covered.
Euler

It's funny how much TPD has changed my in-play trading. I'm gutted now when a TPD course isn't on the card. So delighted to see Ripon back this evening.
JA89

Peter please delete if not appropriate to ask here (I do have a TPD licence through BA), but I was wondering if TPD has any third party providers (ala BetMovers) that have graphics for their non Betfair tracks? Mainly after the 'overhead' graphic but have absolutely no programming knowledge whatsoever so was hoping there may be a plug and play solution.

Cheers
TPD-Zone

JA89 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 2:52 pm
Peter please delete if not appropriate to ask here (I do have a TPD licence through BA), but I was wondering if TPD has any third party providers (ala BetMovers) that have graphics for their non Betfair tracks? Mainly after the 'overhead' graphic but have absolutely no programming knowledge whatsoever so was hoping there may be a plug and play solution.

Cheers
An interesting question to which I am afraid the answer is no at the present time. The data from the tracks not listed on the Exchange is mainly sold to TV companies and other corporate entities, who obviously have teams of people who transact the data into graphical representations and such like, for their own use, whatever that may be. Hope that clarifies.
TPD-Zone

If you are planning to participate in this evening's US Lone Star Park meeting you may need to log out and back in to Bet Angel in order to connect to the TPD data. Going forwards this will not be necessary. Thanks.
PeterLe

Anyone using TPD on Worcester this evening?
If so is betangel updating ok for you?
Thanks
Euler

I've some automation running on it, but I'm not watching. So will do so on the next race. But it looks ok.
PeterLe

Thanks Peter
Yes strange; Ive been running it all day on a couple of accounts (and its been placing lots of bets).
Ive not been at my screen all day but noticed that the 19:00 wasn't updating (see image)
I restarted betangel on that account but it was the same.

I've seen this before where the data is very laggy. (I've got other betangel instances running with no TPD and all is streaming ok)
Ill try and narrow it down..Thanks
Attachments
Worc11June.PNG
Euler

It all looks good on the 19:30. Data coming through ok.
PeterLe

All good now thanks Peter
jamesedwards

Bet Angel wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:00 pm
Looks like Betfair have set the venue name as 'Sam Houston Race Park' tonight rather than the usual 'Sam Houston' so we've had to add that to our server. Restart Bet Angel and you should get data.... unless they change it again!
Just checking has the same Bet Angel/TPD fix been made for "Royal Ascot" at Ascot today?
jamesedwards

Complete disaster in the 20:00 @ Lingfield. A 1m4f race which is about one lap plus 2f of the track.

All horses were set with the correct distance except for Gold Wing which started the race with only the 440m to run which was around the distance to the finish line the first time around.

Therefore based on TPD the race was won by Gold Wing only 2f into this race when there was a whole lap still to run.
Lingfield 180622.PNG
TPD-Zone

To confirm that the incident re Gold Wing - Lingfield 20:00 Saturday evening, 18th June, is being investigated. We will report back soonest.
TPD-Zone

TPD-Zone wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:40 am
To confirm that the incident re Gold Wing - Lingfield 20:00 Saturday evening, 18th June, is being investigated. We will report back soonest.
Our investigations have highlighted that the trackers on Gold Wing threw the GPS points all over the racecourse, at the very start of the race, and to which the system interpreted as a lap. The system is meant to trap such instances, but clearly that failed on this occasion. Steps are being taken to prevent a reoccurrence.
elofan0

Anyone found a worthy strategy with TPD that gives an edge backing or laying

Return to “Bet Angel - Total Performance Data - FAQ's”