How are traders using TPD Data.

Integrate live racecourse data into your favourite Betfair trading interface from TPD.
decomez6

arbitrage16 wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:56 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:20 pm
xtrader16 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:11 pm
Losses accumulating fast. The data just isn't accurate enough.
PP and IP are so unrelated they might as well be different sports so trade one, accept your result, then trade the other.
This is good advice and I think is a useful principle, however in practice, at least for me, it falls apart.
TPD is in play only.
Bet angel gives you IN-play trader , as a tool thats absolutely an Edge in its own right.

so yes , PP & IP are absolutely different .. INplay delay , fill-rates , slippage, amount of smart money , bots /vs human paticipation , market effeciency ,... the list is long.
ShaunWhite

arbitrage16 wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:56 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:20 pm
xtrader16 wrote:
Losses accumulating fast. The data just isn't accurate enough.
PP and IP are so unrelated they might as well be different sports so trade one, accept your result, then trade the other.
This is good advice and I think is a useful principle, however in practice, at least for me, it falls apart. The result garnered in PR does a funny thing to that delicate balance we call trader mindset, some psychic weight is adjusted somehow and irrespective of whether the PR race is green or red, there is a tendency to adjust that weight IR, with predictable results.

For me, my advice is for each race, when learning, do one or the other. Would be interested to hear if established traders have no issue switching from one to the other.
As you say words come easy, doing it is the hard part. Try keeping a seperate PL for the bets you placed PP and IR and it might be interesting.

I figure there's two types of personality, those who think you get rich by earning more and those who think you do it by spending less. Ie the "fck I've lost so I need to earn it back in the next 3mins" vs "fck I've lost so I don't want to lose even more IP" :)
decomez6

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:32 pm

As you say words come easy, doing it is the hard part.
especially true when still in practice mode .the grass always looks greener on the other side

i think what Arbs meant .. information gathered during PP can be used to make decisions IR. and when you see two prices that are corelated PP they probably will bounce of each other IR. :)
barryr50

Most people will find the process of exporting TPD to Excel that baffling they just give up!!
There is NO cohesive instruction!
CitizenEra5ed

Dallas wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:56 pm
xtrader16 wrote:
I've scrapped my TPD Data subscription. I've work on my discipline for a few years to avoid In Play gambling and in a matter of days TPD pulls me straight back in. Losses accumulating fast. The data just isn't accurate enough. I've been using VE - VP -CE on flat racing but it seems pretty inconsistent. I would have thought I could have downloaded the data on an excel file after each race or get access to historical data but it seems not. I'm sure if you have enough time on your hands you could find a profitable strategy but I'd rather stay away from In Play Horses - TPD is not for me unless it gives me an excel file of data in one second increments of every race.
It can do it in 200ms increments (depending on your subscription)

You just put the information into Stored Values then export them at the end of each day into Excel

Here an example here which stored all data, there's a few more been added since that file was created so anyone using this will need to add the most recent types of data to SV's
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=24701
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but what are the steps to get the TPD data into excel?

I’ve downloaded the file and added the missing data fields ie cadence error etc.

I know how to add the file to the races but how do I actually get the data into excel?

Can anyone help please?

Cheers

Chris
Dallas

CitizenEra5ed wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:30 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:56 pm
xtrader16 wrote:
I've scrapped my TPD Data subscription. I've work on my discipline for a few years to avoid In Play gambling and in a matter of days TPD pulls me straight back in. Losses accumulating fast. The data just isn't accurate enough. I've been using VE - VP -CE on flat racing but it seems pretty inconsistent. I would have thought I could have downloaded the data on an excel file after each race or get access to historical data but it seems not. I'm sure if you have enough time on your hands you could find a profitable strategy but I'd rather stay away from In Play Horses - TPD is not for me unless it gives me an excel file of data in one second increments of every race.
It can do it in 200ms increments (depending on your subscription)

You just put the information into Stored Values then export them at the end of each day into Excel

Here an example here which stored all data, there's a few more been added since that file was created so anyone using this will need to add the most recent types of data to SV's
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=24701
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but what are the steps to get the TPD data into excel?

I’ve downloaded the file and added the missing data fields ie cadence error etc.

I know how to add the file to the races but how do I actually get the data into excel?

Can anyone help please?

Cheers

Chris
On the Excel tab of your main settings Editor you can add the names of the Stored Values you want to push into Excel
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/exc ... _data.html
CitizenEra5ed

Hi Dallas, many thanks for your reply.

I added all the TPD data fields but when the race had finished it only gave me about 5 for some reason.

How do you get it to show data from all through the race? It only appeared to give me the data from the end of the race for the 5 fields it selected - I was expecting to have 1000's of cells to go through.

Regards

Chris
Dallas

CitizenEra5ed wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:22 pm
Hi Dallas, many thanks for your reply.

I added all the TPD data fields but when the race had finished it only gave me about 5 for some reason.

How do you get it to show data from all through the race? It only appeared to give me the data from the end of the race for the 5 fields it selected - I was expecting to have 1000's of cells to go through.

Regards

Chris
It will only display the most recent stored value for each name, the sheet would fast become very messy and unworkable if it was writing potentially 1000s values each market all over the Bet_Angel sheet

If you want to view them after the event just create an automation file with a 'Export Stored Values rule'

You can then specify which values you want to export and in what format on the parameters tab for thar rule
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/exp ... ters_.html

Return to “Bet Angel - Total Performance Data - FAQ's”