Opinions on TPD - is it worthwhile?

Integrate live racecourse data into your favourite Betfair trading interface from TPD.
StellaBot

Read 100Os of comments
Pick 1 that makes sense
or move on ;)
jamesg46

StellaBot wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:55 am
Read 100Os of comments
Pick 1 that makes sense
or move on ;)
Comments usually come in the form of a question or reply, In that very moment I’m sure the people asking the questions have genuine curiosity, which makes sense. The people answering have a knowledge worth sharing, that may not make sense to everyone but may help someone… either way the majority of those comments and replies take shape in 1 submitted question or reply & then possibly mutate into a conversation.

From here I’ll move on. Anymore and it’ll destroy the thread because I’m pulling out all the stops to be friendly.
decomez6

SomeDude wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:34 pm
On review of video, the horse TPD showed in first place was actually never leading and, in fact, fell before my automated bets were placed. This should never happen.
custom ranking is more accurate when done using the current prices (refreshed at every instance). in my opinion , Bf Algo are the most accurate representation of IP% chances of the horse winning the race .
i think its safer to include an additional price custom ranking rule . this should work to complement the TPD custom ranking. BOTH must be in the affirmative before a bet is placed.
megarain

There is a telegram link where users discuss the product.

https://t.me/BetMover

The nature of these things is that you see more negative than positive, so maybe take with a pinch of salt.
Shaung89

megarain wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:36 am
There is a telegram link where users discuss the product.

https://t.me/BetMover

The nature of these things is that you see more negative than positive, so maybe take with a pinch of salt.
If you scroll back through the chat when joining you will soon realise that these GPS failings are not a 'one off' also.
ilovepizza82

Here is the video for the non-believers :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcZVQ0HyeGg
Dallas

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:51 pm

I've just watched the race reply (link to finishing stages below) and as far as I could see everything looked fine the whole race except in the last 50 yards when Yonafis got his head in front and managed to finish first half to two-thirds of a length in front of Al Marmar - But that's well within the margin or error TPD state must be allowed for
https://www.attheraces.com/atrplayer-po ... 42262/true
jamesedwards

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:51 pm

This used to happen reasonably often on BetMover. I havent used TPD on BA but presumably the margin of error is still the same. If the finish is close then the margin of error is too great for a strategy that backs the winner as it crosses the line.
Euler

As previously stated you simply can't expect data on a horse race to have mm accuracy, so you shouldn't use strategies that are just reliant on that. There is so much you can do with this data and so many strategies and so much quality information condition in this data. Use it to your advantage.

We did suggest to TPD that they publish the accuracy and some data around it and how it's managed. So they did that here: -

https://www.tpd.zone/faqs/

You need account for that level of tolerance in what you are doing. But there is so much you can do with this data.
The Silk Run

How accurate is the product TPD

Some time ago my Father told me that global positioning technology would be accurate to within three metres, which is public knowledge. Apparently, the reason why is that US government have applied restrictions on all positioning to avoid world leaders, including US president being assinated by indirect fire.
And Law Enforcement worldwide operate on a margin of up to five metre accuracy with GPS enabled devises !!!
As part of a syndicate we subscribed to TPD some time pre-pandemic as we needed to mitigate against our SIS satellite link. It was NOT accurate and prone to technical anomalies. So we used it as a hedging tool ...
As with any purchase we carried out the appropriate sniff tests beforehand. Which interestingly revealed the product is owned by former Paddy Power Betfair Employees.
ShaunWhite

The Silk Run wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:49 pm
How accurate is the product TPD

Some time ago my Father told me that global positioning technology would be accurate to within three metres, which is public knowledge. Apparently, the reason why is that US government have applied restrictions on all positioning to avoid world leaders, including US president being assinated by indirect fire.
And Law Enforcement worldwide operate on a margin of up to five metre accuracy with GPS enabled devises !!!.
The European Space Agency went live with Gallieo GNSS in 2016. 1m accuracy public and 1cm encrypted. It was a project to ensure our GPS systems weren't reliant on the American's inaccurate data.
StellaBot

I totally agree that technology can show a relative quick history of position of a horse
StellaBot

Shaun

Space has no friction etc
Hence easier calcs

Horses do
wind,ground, weight, stall draw, course, distance, rail movements,jockey etc etc etc
Last edited by StellaBot on Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
StellaBot

Its not about making a mock of TPD

TPD im sure can be used to ones advantage

Its about thinking maybe eg

Ante post thoughts about horse 1 or horse 2

also whilst using it

I am genuinley trying to help people here to think about a possible other strat

Its about digging deeper pre race about a horse and its chances

So maybe 1 horse loses ground x furlongs/metres every x seconds every x going on x type of tracks

The horse hasnt been fired into space
But the same type of science exists
Last edited by StellaBot on Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derek27

In between the comma (,) and forward-slash (/), you'll find the full stop (.). :)

Return to “Bet Angel - Total Performance Data - FAQ's”