Opinions on TPD - is it worthwhile?

Integrate live racecourse data into your favourite Betfair trading interface from TPD.
StellaBot

use a telescope or look deeper
the simple dot is above

ty Derek
megarain

Error : my stuff up
ilovepizza82

What da ??? :D :D :D :D
Attachments
wth1.jpg
Euler

Just error trap it. I was on that race and my automation didn't trade it so it either spotted an error or didn't find a condition to trigger on. At first glance on the data I can see the distance didn't decrement between updates so fairly easily to spot.
Euler

I'll be frank here. It's such a jump in information, I can't see why people wouldn't use it. Even if to supplement something you do already.

I can read a race really well, but the data gives me much more depth on things. That's even before looking at the historical data gathered on each race.
Dallas

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:35 pm
The TPD in-running data is only meant to be used during the actual race

That's a screenshot from 19 seconds after they all crossed the line and the race had finished, and 6 seconds after they unsuspended the market for a photo finish - by which time the horses could be wandering around anywhere

11/12/2021 15:29:40: Connecting Newcastle 11th Dec - 15:30 6f Nursery to the Total Performance Data service.
11/12/2021 15:31:47: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
11/12/2021 15:31:48: Guardian has detected that the market is in-play
11/12/2021 15:31:50: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended
11/12/2021 15:33:02: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
11/12/2021 15:33:15: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended
11/12/2021 15:33:41: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
ilovepizza82

I actually took 2 screenshots.
1 right before the very end of the race when it happened and later on the one i posted.
I was told that the runner might have accidentally lost the gps right at the end coz pretty much the whole race everything was fine.
@Peter
I think more people would start using it if they were 100% sure that their money is not at risk when using the service. It does work most of the time in my opinion but still risky a bit when something like that happens.
Also the gps shouldnt be where the nose is ? Is it possible to install the chips there somehow ?
Dallas

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:56 pm
1 right before the very end of the race when it happened and later on the one i posted.
I was told that the runner might have accidentally lost the gps right at the end coz pretty much the whole race everything was fine.
@Peter
I think more people would start using it if they were convinced that their money is not at risk when using the service. It does work most of the time in my opinion but still risky a bit when something like that happens.
Also the gps shouldnt be where the nose is ? Is it possible to install the chips there somehow ?
I'm quite sure that just like when there is any problems with BF that when an issue does occur with TPD and their data there will be a flurry of posts both here and on Twitter from many of the of people who are active on the market at the time, especially now Betfairs in-running bets are at a 10 year high thanks to it
https://twitter.com/TPDZone/status/1468881568848617478
Euler

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:56 pm
@Peter
I think more people would start using it if they were 100% sure that their money is not at risk when using the service. It does work most of the time in my opinion but still risky a bit when something like that happens.
They can only put it in the saddlecloth. I'm planning on going on course in the near future to have a close look at everything myself. Mainly to a view on getting a view on everything and giving everybody a better understanding of how it works.

My approach to issues is just to do the same as I do with any automation. Sanity check it and include lots of error trapping. I think it's almost impossible to have everything perfect all the time, but from what I've seen it does a really good job. It's come on leaps and bounds from when TurxTrax first tried it 15 years ago or so.
jamesedwards

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:35 pm
Never mind TPD, how can you POSSIBLY work with 'Back' in pink and 'Lay' in blue?! :o :lol: ;)
zippus

Thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts. I came across this article and it seems in-play trading is increasing massively due to TPD and BA gets a mention. I reckon Peter and Dallas should get a seat on the board!

https://europeangaming.eu/portal/latest ... cing-data/
zippus

Now if BA can build its functionality on the BA for BETDAQ product, things could start to get interesting. Betfair might just be seeing the beginning of the end of its monopoly. I certainly hope so.
LinusP

zippus wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:22 pm
Thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts. I came across this article and it seems in-play trading is increasing massively due to TPD and BA gets a mention. I reckon Peter and Dallas should get a seat on the board!

https://europeangaming.eu/portal/latest ... cing-data/
The article is misleading, the ratio to inplay/preplay has increased (not necessarily positive)

TPD has been available (live) since 2018.
StellaBot

TPD
Hope going well :D
StellaBot

THANKS FOR THE FREE
BENEFIT OF CLUNKINESS OF TPD

Ty Bet Angel

;)
Last edited by StellaBot on Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Bet Angel - Total Performance Data - FAQ's”