Opinions on TPD - is it worthwhile?

Integrate live racecourse data into your favourite Betfair trading interface from TPD.
zippus

Just wondering what people's experiences are with TPD. It sounds really interesting and is potentially a quantum leap forward with v. 1.58. I'm thinking about giving it a go and was hoping others can give some pointers in terms of usage, pitfalls, does it work as well in the U.S. etc...

Cheers.
jamesedwards

I would be very interested to see how Bet Angel users are getting on.

I signed up to Bet Mover for a month or two at the beginning of the year and it wasn't worth the money as the accuracy just wasn't there. It often called the wrong winner, perhaps 10-15% of the time. And occasionally it would be missing a horse completely as if it didn't exist!

Perhaps accuracy will improve with time but for now I'm treating it very much as a watching brief.
sniffer66

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:29 pm

I signed up to Bet Mover for a month or two at the beginning of the year and it wasn't worth the money as the accuracy just wasn't there. It often called the wrong winner, perhaps 10-15% of the time. And occasionally it would be missing a horse completely as if it didn't exist!

Perhaps accuracy will improve with time but for now I'm treating it very much as a watching brief.
A fellow trader told me this week that there was a major innaccuracy on a horse a few days ago, won the race and TPS showed it as 15 yards back in 3rd/4th. Not the first time he's reported it either

Plus a few incidents where the wrong GPS tracker has been assigned to a pair of horses.

I don't feel I can trust it...
megarain

It’s a nice toy IMHO.

It’s v likely you need decent programming skills (I haven’t), to
automate something worthwhile.

I won’t be renewing the licence, but may re-try in 2-3 months
Dallas

sniffer66 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:43 pm
jamesedwards wrote:

A fellow trader told me this week that there was a major innaccuracy on a horse a few days ago, won the race and TPS showed it as 15 yards back in 3rd/4th. Not the first time he's reported it either

Plus a few incidents where the wrong GPS tracker has been assigned to a pair of horses.

I'm aware there was an instance several months ago with the wrong transponders fitted to the wrong horses but I've only ever heard (seen evidence of this happening) on this one occasion, there may have been more but I've not come across any

Certainly since I've been using it these last six months or so I've not seen or heard of any major issues outside the margin of error/accuracy TPD state is possible and should be expected from time to time, and since the V1.58 was publicly released last month I've so far only seen one person post on this forum about seeing a major inaccuracy - but it seems he/she was the only one effected by it and they weren't able to provide the logs.
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=24687&p=284265

Its obviously up to the individual to decide if TPD is right for them, but for me personally until I see any signs of it being unreliable for myself or I see genuine reports from other users start popping up ie, any race where there is a problem it's going to effect and be noticed by a lot of people many of who will post/report it just like when BF have any problems for everyone to see.

Until then I'm happy and confident to keep using it
Euler

I'm now running some completely automated strategies using it and have used the data to model races and come up with completely new strategies.

It's difficult for me to see how people couldn't see the value in the data one way or another. It was the final piece of the puzzle for me on in-play.

It's tough to make the data mm accurate. But if your strategy is reliant on that, you are probably pursuing the wrong strategy IMHO.

P.S. We gain nothing if you choose to use it or not. There is no incentive for us to make you use it, it's up to you.
sniffer66

Dallas wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:44 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
jamesedwards wrote:

I'm aware there was an instance several months ago with the wrong transponders fitted to the wrong horses but I've only ever heard (seen evidence of this happening) on this one occasion, there may have been more but I've not come across any

Certainly since I've been using it these last six months or so I've not seen or heard of any major issues outside the margin of error/accuracy TPD state is possible and should be expected from time to time, and since the V1.58 was publicly released last month I've so far only seen one person post on this forum about seeing a major inaccuracy - but it seems he/she was the only one effected by it and they weren't able to provide the logs.
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=24687&p=284265

Its obviously up to the individual to decide if TPD is right for them, but for me personally until I see any signs of it being unreliable for myself or I see genuine reports from other users start popping up ie, any race where there is a problem it's going to effect and be noticed by a lot of people many of who will post/report it just like when BF have any problems for everyone to see.

Until then I'm happy and confident to keep using it
I admit my info is 2nd hand but it's from someone I trust. It may just be a case of Chinese Whispers but it's useful to hear you and Peter are happy with it. Makes me a lot more confident.
Anbell

I've missed this.
PDC

Edit:

Post no longer makes sense as the posts it was referring to have been removed.

Suggestion, type out all your sentences and then press submit, no need to submit a reply after just a few words have been typed :lol:
Last edited by PDC on Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Euler

Hey Stella, don't do this or we will just start deleting these sorts of posts.
ilovepizza82

sniffer66 wrote:
jamesedwards wrote:

Its happening more often than people would like to think.
Seen that already a couple of times and I only been using it for a few weeks.
I even recoreded a video when a "wrong" horse won. Shocking to say the least.
Last edited by ilovepizza82 on Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Realrocknrolla

Someone was on the sauce last night!
jamesg46

Euler wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:18 am
Probably best to delete them, people who want to read genuine well thought out responses will probably stop reading after Stella’s 326.8th meaningless post. Imagine coming to this thread with a thirst for information, you probably wouldn’t make it to page 3.

Also the comments afterwards, such as this one that have no meaning to the actual thread topic itself.

I waited on this thread to fill up a little so I could get a broader view on opinion, when I logged in and noticed it was on page 3 I opened in anticipation, now closing in disappointment.
Kai

Euler wrote:
Could maybe merge his comments together under one post? To prevent the spam but not delete his opinion.

As incoherent as Stella's posts are, they are trying to be on topic, simply deleting it all would seem a bit harsh.
jamesg46

Kai wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:25 am
Euler wrote:
Could maybe merge his comments together under one post? To prevent the spam but not delete his opinion.

As incoherent as Stella's posts are, they are trying to be on topic, simply deleting it all would seem a bit harsh.
This would be better!

Return to “Bet Angel - Total Performance Data - FAQ's”