Cannot get 'leaders_speed' to work

Integrate live racecourse data into your favourite Betfair trading interface from TPD.
jamesedwards

Got everything else working but 'leaders_speed' returns null. Can't figure out what I have wrong.
leaders_speed.PNG
Dallas

You've set it up correctly, but if there's no 'Par' data for that course it won't return the 'leaders speed at a location' either.

if you try it on a UK course with Par data you should see the data correctly
jamesedwards

Dallas wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:41 pm
You've set it up correctly, but if there's no 'Par' data for that course it won't return the 'leaders speed at a location' either.

Thanks for the info. Can you tell me what this does bring back when it works then please? I assumed it was the actual leader's speed at that moment in time? But I can't see what that has to do with Par times.
Dallas

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:02 pm
Dallas wrote:

Thanks for the info. Can you tell me what this does bring back when it works then please? I assumed it was selection speed variance to leader's speed but I can't see what that has to do with Par times.
It shows what the leaders speed was when it was at the selections location, there's an example of it here
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=24847

TBH I'm not sure why it's missing when there is no par data, it has nothing to do with historic averages - It just something I noticed was happening so guess TPD somehow has it tied to the par feed
jamesedwards

Dallas wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:12 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:02 pm
Dallas wrote:

Thanks for the info. Can you tell me what this does bring back when it works then please? I assumed it was selection speed variance to leader's speed but I can't see what that has to do with Par times.
It shows what the leaders speed was when it was at the selections location, there's an example of it here
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=24847

TBH I'm not sure why it's missing when there is no par data, it has nothing to do with historic averages - It just something I noticed was happening so guess TPD somehow has it tied to the par feed
Thanks
patagoniaboy

so what is the difference between "leaders speed" and "speed" of current selection? how come one requires pars and the other doesn't? many thanks
Dallas

patagoniaboy wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:12 pm
so what is the difference between "leaders speed" and "speed" of current selection? how come one requires pars and the other doesn't? many thanks
One is the current selections speed the other is the leaders speed at the location the selection currently is

Return to “Bet Angel - Total Performance Data - FAQ's”