Applying conditions to 'connect to tpd'

Integrate live racecourse data into your favourite Betfair trading interface from TPD.
jamesedwards

Is it not possible to apply a condition to the 'connect to tpd' command? This would be useful to save one having to manually select which races they want to use a connection for. Eg to exclude races of certain length or number of runners etc
Dallas

Yes, this can be done by adding the conditions you want to a 'Connect Race to Total Performance Data' rule type

The rules file can then be ran from Guardian by applying it to all markets or as a Safety Servant
jamesedwards

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:40 pm
Yes, this can be done by adding the conditions you want to a 'Connect Race to Total Performance Data' rule type

The rules file can then be ran from Guardian by applying it to all markets or as a Safety Servant
Not working for me. I've added a condition of less than 13 furlongs to this rule yet its connected and triggered on every race at Southwell today.
jamesedwards

Am I doing something wrong?
delete.PNG
Dallas

jamesedwards wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:35 pm
Dallas wrote:

Not working for me. I've added a condition of less than 13 furlongs to this rule yet its connected and triggered on every race at Southwell today.
Have you unticked the 'auto connect' option on the main TPD settings page?
jamesedwards

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:43 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Dallas wrote:

No I have this ticked. I assumed auto connect was the setting that I wanted. So it should be set to "Manual connection required for each race"? And the Guardian rule will be the 'manual' intervention required to set TPD running for each relevant race?
Dallas

jamesedwards wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:56 pm
Dallas wrote:
jamesedwards wrote:

No I have this ticked. I assumed auto connect was the setting that I wanted. So it should be set to "Manual connection required for each race"? And the Guardian rule will be the 'manual' intervention required to set TPD running for each relevant race?
Yes, that's correct, the Guardian rule will now take control and be responsible for connecting you to TPD (if the conditions its been given are met)
jamesedwards

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:09 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:56 pm
Dallas wrote:

Yes, that's correct, the Guardian rule will now take control and be responsible for connecting you to TPD (if the conditions its been given are met)
All is working as it should now. Thanks for your help.

Return to “Bet Angel - Total Performance Data - FAQ's”