TPD Feedback and Issues

Integrate live racecourse data into your favourite Betfair trading interface from TPD.
Naffman

TPD-Zone wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:21 am
Naffman wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:55 pm
BF have just started covering Sam Houston again, that is owned by Penn National Gaming (like Penn and Mahoning), have they not renewed there contract as well?
Many thanks for raising an interesting point; I took this internally and can report that the tracks have negotiated their own contracts.
Thanks for that
TPD-Zone

Please be aware that all is good with Sam Houston, as far as TPD coverage is concerned. It can be later in the day when it appears on the status page (it is there as I post this) as the page is populated via a feed from an external supplier who are involved with the transmission of the GPS data.
jamesedwards

:!: :!: :!: :!: Gulfstream race 9 - Transponders swapped between horses 8 and 9 :!: :!: :!: :!:

TPD urgently need to get a grip on these errors.
Attachments
gulf2.png
TPD-Zone

The miss-assignment of GPS transponders in US races is unfortunately something that has happened from time-to-time and which has reared its head more frequently of late.
TPD take these things very seriously, the integrity and reliability of our data is of paramount importance.

We are in conversation with the third party operators of our system in the US and hopefully these errors will be eradicated very quickly.

Apologies for the inconvenience and as always if you have consumed races which have been affected by the above, please drop an email to [email protected] and the races will be added back into your allocation. Many thanks for your patience.
Faxfan

My map view went white with no movement of the horses for the 16:23 and is now doing the same at Newcastle for the 16:45.

I've re-booted betangel but still no good. Any ideas?
jamesedwards

Bad timing, two in two days.

:!: :!: :!: :!: Aqueduct race 1 - Transponders swapped between horses 2 and 3 :!: :!: :!: :!:
Attachments
aque2.PNG
wearthefoxhat

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:56 pm

:!: :!: :!: :!: Aqueduct race 1 - Transponders swapped between horses 2 and 3 :!: :!: :!: :!:

Are they that dumb on-course?

If there were any unusual betting patterns in-play, maybe Betfair could speak up on either of those races you've highlighted.
parrettt

Faxfan wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:43 pm
My map view went white with no movement of the horses for the 16:23 and is now doing the same at Newcastle for the 16:45.

I've re-booted betangel but still no good. Any ideas?
I have been having problems for 3 days. The Pars keeps dropping out in race and now the map of the horses is just a red cross. TPD say it is the fault of a third party and I am sure they will fix it. It is lucky there is not much racing on.
TPD-Zone

You will be aware of a current issue with the TPD data - datasets going "missing" for about half a second. This has been identified as a problem with the external TCP feed (which drives the data to Bet Angel) and TPD are in contact with the third party regarding a resolution.

We will provide updates as the problem is resolved and hopefully we will have a fix before racing. If not I would advise caution with the use of TPD data today. Many thanks for your patience.
TPD-Zone

We can report that the TPD feed is back to operating as it should - the UK and US races yesterday all looked fine. Obviously if you spot anything untoward please drop an email to [email protected]. Many thanks again for your patience.
jamesedwards

TPD been down for the last hour or so???
Archangel

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:56 pm

Who is in charge of placing the transponders on the horses? Is it officially checked ?
sheffutd1889

jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:24 pm
Yeah. Last race I got data for was Lingfield 15:28
jamesedwards

jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:24 pm
Back working now on 1648 @ Gulfstream
TPD-Zone

Good Morning - many apologies for the problems over the weekend with the GPS feed dropping out. The Developers were working on this throughout the weekend and identified a database overload issue, due to some processes not closing down connections in a timely manner.

A solution was implemented late Sunday night and obviously we will monitor very closely today.

Return to “Bet Angel - Total Performance Data - FAQ's”