TPD Feedback and Issues

Integrate live racecourse data into your favourite Betfair trading interface from TPD.
jamesedwards

Tampa Bay race 7 - no data throughout
TPD-Zone

Please find attached a summary of the review of last week's issues.
You may find the note re GPS positional accuracy of interest.
This will no doubt be a topic at our forthcoming Workshop - Monday 9th May, Southwell racecourse.
A limited number of places are still available if you are interested - please drop a line to [email protected].
Thanks
Attachments
TPD Zone Data Issues Apr (2).png
PeterLe

TPD-Zone wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:51 pm

This will no doubt be a topic at our forthcoming Workshop - Monday 9th May, Southwell racecourse.

Thanks
Morning, Will you be recording any of the sessions? Thanks
TPD-Zone

PeterLe wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:16 am
TPD-Zone wrote:

Thanks
Yes to recording the presentations. We may do some live betting/trading on the races themselves, with some guys outside trading what they are seeing on-track and our guys trading inside, from a pc. This may be slightly more difficult to record but we will do our best to document in one way or another.
goat68

TPD-Zone wrote:
Please find attached a summary of the review of last week's issues.
You may find the note re GPS positional accuracy of interest.
A limited number of places are still available if you are interested - please drop a line to [email protected].
Thanks
GPS is all well and good, but accuracy is always going to be limited when punters want to know who is in the lead when the pack is all within 1-2 lengths of each other.
I would have thought there must be other "relative distance" measurement devices that could be additionally attached to each horse, and each calculates how far away the other devices are, a quick bit of "maths" on measurements of each device's data of position of all others, and combine with less accurate GPS data for absolute positioning and direction, ... ?
But maybe you're doing this already?
PeterLe

TPD-Zone wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:19 am
PeterLe wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:16 am
TPD-Zone wrote:

Thanks
Yes to recording the presentations. We may do some live betting/trading on the races themselves, with some guys outside trading what they are seeing on-track and our guys trading inside, from a pc. This may be slightly more difficult to record but we will do our best to document in one way or another.
That would be great , much appreciated Thanks
jamesedwards

I'm having issues with Ripon not working today?
PeterLe

jamesedwards wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:45 pm
Got one eye on it as Im doing other things but..I noticed that the stream was a little late populating (maybe a second) after the race had started, but after that Ive found it OK?
Dallas

PeterLe wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:46 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:45 pm
Got one eye on it as Im doing other things but..I noticed that the stream was a little late populating (maybe a second) after the race had started, but after that Ive found it OK?
I missed the first few races so not sure if there was any problems but didn't see any with the last one
jamesedwards

Have there been any issues with the last couple of days TPD at UK racetracks? Suddenly out of the blue over the last two days my automations are picking up absolutely nothing.
TPD-Zone

jamesedwards wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:08 pm
Have there been any issues with the last couple of days TPD at UK racetracks? Suddenly out of the blue over the last two days my automations are picking up absolutely nothing.
The TPD systems looked to have been ok. But interestingly my personal automation (not using TPD metrics) was not getting anything about half way through Saturday afternoon. Sunday looked ok.
jamesedwards

What happened to 17:10 at Ascot?

TPD order of finish:

Actual order of finish:

ascot.PNG
TPD-Zone

Regarding Ascot 17:10, 27 APR. The relative distances between 1st and 2nd, 2nd and 3rd etc were 3/4L, 3/4L, 1L, nk, 1L, 3/4L, so reasonably tight. All the horses were tracked to 91% or 92% accuracy, as compared to the official course timings, which is not good, we are generally in the high 90%'s.

In our internal systems I can see radio reception and data errors and I suspect the radio reception must have dropped out completely, for a short period of time. In any event the TPD Content Director, who is responsible for the GPS tracking operations is aware.

As an aside, there will be an opportunity to visit the weighing room, at the Southwell Workshop and observe the GPS tracking technology, in action, as it were and chat with the Director mentioned above and his Field Operators.
PeterLe

TPD-Zone wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:44 am
Regarding Ascot 17:10, 27 APR. The relative distances between 1st and 2nd, 2nd and 3rd etc were 3/4L, 3/4L, 1L, nk, 1L, 3/4L, so reasonably tight. All the horses were tracked to 91% or 92% accuracy, as compared to the official course timings, which is not good, we are generally in the high 90%'s. .
I lost money on this one too.
Looking at the image i don't think that was a particularly tight finish??

When you quote those percentages, what exactly are they? Are they position, speed stride length etc or are they some combination?
Thanks
TPD-Zone

PeterLe wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:52 am
TPD-Zone wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:44 am
Regarding Ascot 17:10, 27 APR. The relative distances between 1st and 2nd, 2nd and 3rd etc were 3/4L, 3/4L, 1L, nk, 1L, 3/4L, so reasonably tight. All the horses were tracked to 91% or 92% accuracy, as compared to the official course timings, which is not good, we are generally in the high 90%'s. .
I lost money on this one too.
Looking at the image i don't think that was a particularly tight finish??

When you quote those percentages, what exactly are they? Are they position, speed stride length etc or are they some combination?
Thanks

The percentages are related to the official course timings of each horse, from the start point to the finish line and how close the GPS timings, also measured from start to finish line, are to the official timings. The attached may help.
Attachments
Official vs GPS Timings.png

Return to “Bet Angel - Total Performance Data - FAQ's”