TPD Feedback and Issues

Integrate live racecourse data into your favourite Betfair trading interface from TPD.
jamesedwards

Laurel race 10 - no data throughout the race
TPD-Zone

Update re Penn National - TPD are aware that this track is problematic and very recently a UK based TPD Executive visited the US data supplier with a view to framing an improvement plan. Clearly we are not yet seeing the benefits of this and apologies for such. I think that we are seeing steady improvements re the US data generally and TPD will keep the pressure on our US partners as long as is necessary.
sheffutd1889

Hi,

Anyone else having issues with painfully slow data coming through? I have it built into my file to monitor how many times a second I receive new data from TPD and this usually around 4-5 times a second (makes sense with the data supplied every 200ms). But recently, in the last 2/3 days... this is coming in around 0.4 times a second - over 2 seconds between receiving updated data.

I have 2 servers which run seperate instances of BetAngel and same problem on both. BetAngel refresh intervals set to 20ms and market refresh is restricted. Also tried on my local desktop and got the same result so confident it's not a BetAngel problem.
jamesedwards

sheffutd1889 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:55 pm
Hi,

Anyone else having issues with painfully slow data coming through? I have it built into my file to monitor how many times a second I receive new data from TPD and this usually around 4-5 times a second (makes sense with the data supplied every 200ms). But recently, in the last 2/3 days... this is coming in around 0.4 times a second - over 2 seconds between receiving updated data.

I have 2 servers which run seperate instances of BetAngel and same problem on both. BetAngel refresh intervals set to 20ms and market refresh is restricted. Also tried on my local desktop and got the same result so confident it's not a BetAngel problem.
I'm not seeing this. Getting about 4 or 5 per second.

Do you have your market loaded into your one-click or ladder window? If not then you are at the mercy of Guardian cycle, which gets slower the more markets you have loaded. I've asked to have an option to allow prioritised Guardian refresh for markets that are in-play in order to get around this problem for TPD automations. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=25346
sheffutd1889

Thanks for letting me know... looks like it's just me then...

Yeah, I have it loaded on the one click screen and limited refresh on guardian to only update markets off in the next 10 mins so only ever looking at a couple at a time. Had it working fine with collection rates between 4 & 5 for months but just seems to have stopped recently. Strangely, looking at today, Gulfstream has collected at 4+ per second with everything else at sub 0.5... almost certainly a TPD issue if it works fine for every race at a single track but none of the others
PeterLe

I’ll check mine too and let you know what I see
I’m running TPD on betangel and I also have it direct from Betfair API runnng on my own C# programs, so I can draw more comparisons
Away at the mo but I’ll be back at my desk tomorrow afternoon
ROCKY1982

I've been experiencing slow date coming through as well since yesterday
emjay

My Excel workbook has often been very slow to update with TPD on USA races and occasionally UK races but when I check the One Click Screen the data is coming through at 5 times per second which is also evident from the TPD log file. I have had to abandon Excel and now just use Guardian Automation. I think it is a Bet Angel issue.
TPD-Zone

Afternoon All
The TPD Developers are aware of the issues and it is obviously being given priority. We ran some extensive tests yesterday and overnight and can concur with the only refreshing every 2 seconds. However I have just had a cursory look at the Newton Abbot 25th Mar - 15:05 log and it looks ok. I did restrict refresh to 120 seconds before start time. It will be interesting to take a good look at the other logs. Not suggesting the problem is fixed BTW - the Developers will confirm as soon as possible.
TPD-Zone

A further update re the slow data issues. It is looking like, although not confirmed, a problem with the data format being sent from TPD which is causing some of the data packets not to parse inside Bet Angel. The workaround is to use the beta v59, which is available to download from this Forum.

Sincere apologies but this may be the best that we can do as regards this weekend.
Dallas

TPD-Zone wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:36 pm
A further update re the slow data issues. It is looking like, although not confirmed, a problem with the data format being sent from TPD which is causing some of the data packets not to parse inside Bet Angel. The workaround is to use the beta v59, which is available to download from this Forum.

Sincere apologies but this may be the best that we can do as regards this weekend.
Just to add to TPD last message, Bet Angel V1.59 can be downloaded from this page
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=25251
jamesedwards

I've been using the beta v1.59 which explains why I've not seen any of these issues.
PeterLe

jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:18 pm

Yes. I have been a full-time in-play trader for several years and it's absolutely complementing my profitability.
James do you find the US races worthwhile in terms of profitability especially given the issues you have posted?
jamesedwards

PeterLe wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:02 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:18 pm

Yes. I have been a full-time in-play trader for several years and it's absolutely complementing my profitability.
James do you find the US races worthwhile in terms of profitability especially given the issues you have posted?
Yes, TPD issues are still frustrating, but down to a few % of races now. I would advise to build safeguards into automation rules that automatically block triggers under certain circumstances of missing or incorrect data.
Last edited by jamesedwards on Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jamesedwards

Tampa Bay race 5 - multiple data points missing throughout the race.

Return to “Bet Angel - Total Performance Data - FAQ's”