TPD Feedback and Issues

Integrate live racecourse data into your favourite Betfair trading interface from TPD.
TPD-Zone

elofan0 wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:54 am
Anyone found a worthy strategy with TPD that gives an edge backing or laying
If you take a look at our YouTube channel there are are a couple of videos in there which demonstrate how to interpret and use TPD's in-running performance metrics on Bet Mover. These could be of interest to you, even though you are consuming the data via Bet Angel, as the exact same metrics are available, around which you can construct strategies and even automate such.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj2UCa ... 02w/videos
elofan0

thanks i have tried betmover in the past and its not for me , I was just asking betangel users their own strategies that they may use
jamesedwards

elofan0 wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:54 am
Anyone found a worthy strategy with TPD that gives an edge backing or laying
Yes, it's definitely worth persevering with. It forced me to learn Bet Angel Guardian inside-out (no bad thing) and I had to put in some serious time to play with all the variables and I'm constantly tweaking. I'm on version 54 of my ruleset. :lol:

I think most people expect to be able to back the winner on the line ahead of the market (I know I did) but the thought process needs to go much deeper than that.
elofan0

definately one thought was lay towards race end if in say position 6 but wouldnt have to be in range of leader
pyfprofessionals

Hi guys..
Is anyone else having trouble connecting tpd to betangel???
Euler

No races on TPD today in the UK. Don't know if that's your specific issue.
jamesedwards

Gulfstream has been terrible for days. A good proportion of races failing to register the countdown of distance to the end of the race and peppered with individual distance to finish errors.
blablok

1) Yesterday quite a few races at Worcester had an issue.
Distance to leader was very erratic, eg. jumping from 20m to 10m in 0.5 sec and then back to 19m and so on! (not the first time :) )
2) Quite often odds go crashing in BEFORE distance to leader even changes. Is there some sort of delay like betfair video stream ?
jamesedwards

blablok wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:58 pm
1) Yesterday quite a few races at Worcester had an issue.
Distance to leader was very erratic, eg. jumping from 20m to 10m in 0.5 sec and then back to 19m and so on! (not the first time :) )
2) Quite often odds go crashing in BEFORE distance to leader even changes. Is there some sort of delay like betfair video stream ?
I believe the TPD delay is roughly 0.5 secs plus the Bet Angel cycle. Betfair video is probably 1 to 2 secs delay. Make sure you have your Bet Angel refresh cycle at the lowest possible which should be 20ms if you are streaming. Make sure you have the market prioritised for refresh by putting it on one-click or ladder screen, otherwise it has to scroll through all your Guardian markets each cycle. Of course you are still trading against people on course with zero delay and most likely drone video footage with 0.2 sec delay. These people have the benefit of visual clues but lack the science of the numbers!
TPD-Zone

jamesedwards wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:38 pm
Gulfstream has been terrible for days. A good proportion of races failing to register the countdown of distance to the end of the race and peppered with individual distance to finish errors.
An update re Gulfstream; it appears that radio reception was particularly bad on Sat and Sun 3rd and 4th July. Friday 1st also had issues, but not quite as acute. The relevant partners are investigating this and hopefully all will be ok by this Friday, 8th. However I will confirm in here as soon as I am able and in any event by Friday lunchtime.
TPD-Zone

Re Penn National tonight. There has been some sort of disconnect between Betfair and the systems which deliver the TPD data. The process is automatic, and triggered by the markets being opened on Betfair, but not today unfortunately. This obviously involves our US partners and all interested parties are looking into the issue. Very difficult to say with any certainty if this will be nailed by the time of the first race. If you are participating in the markets via Bet Angel automation then your rules files will clearly just not trigger. If you normally trade these markets manually I would consider giving it a miss tonight. Apologies for the inconvenience.
TPD-Zone

Gulfstream - apologies for not posting yesterday (Friday) but we are now informed that the radio reception is much improved and consequently the integrity of the TPD metrics is restored.
patagoniaboy

Today during the Lingfield races I found the data from TPD to update incredibly slowly onto my OCS, rendering it useless. Wondering if anybody else had this issue or has had this issue in the past and can help me with it?
Thanks
Dallas

patagoniaboy wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:22 pm
Today during the Lingfield races I found the data from TPD to update incredibly slowly onto my OCS, rendering it useless. Wondering if anybody else had this issue or has had this issue in the past and can help me with it?
Thanks
I've moved your post to the dedicated TPD issues topic which is monitored by TPD and I'm sure they will respond in due course when they see this

I wasn't trading the race you mentioned so can't comment on the slow data, but in case you didn't know there is a condition you can add to your rules which will test if the data arrived within a specified time, I normally add this to all my rules and use around 0.8 secs
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/tot ... ata_1.html
patagoniaboy

Hi Dallas,

Thanks for your reply. I will take a look at this.

Return to “Bet Angel - Total Performance Data - FAQ's”