TPD Feedback and Issues

Integrate live racecourse data into your favourite Betfair trading interface from TPD.
jamesedwards

patagoniaboy wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:22 pm
Today during the Lingfield races I found the data from TPD to update incredibly slowly onto my OCS, rendering it useless. Wondering if anybody else had this issue or has had this issue in the past and can help me with it?
Thanks
For me the first two races at Lingfield were full of errors but for the remainder of the card the TPD data was very strong. Often if TPD data is refreshing very slowly the issue lies with your refresh rate of that market. Make sure your relevant refresh rate is set to the minimum.
TPD-Zone

Regarding Lingfield, yesterday 15th August. The TPD internal monitoring systems are not reporting anything amiss; The TCP feed (which delivers the data) was never less than 99.66%, which is absolutely fine and there were no radio reception errors re individual GPS trackers. The on course team have been made aware and will keep an eye on things.
patagoniaboy

jamesedwards wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:48 pm
patagoniaboy wrote:
Today during the Lingfield races I found the data from TPD to update incredibly slowly onto my OCS, rendering it useless. Wondering if anybody else had this issue or has had this issue in the past and can help me with it?
Thanks
For me the first two races at Lingfield were full of errors but for the remainder of the card the TPD data was very strong. Often if TPD data is refreshing very slowly the issue lies with your refresh rate of that market. Make sure your relevant refresh rate is set to the minimum.
Hi thanks for the reply, by this I assume you mean setting both refresh rates on the OCS and in guardian to 200ms? Thanks
jamesedwards

patagoniaboy wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:30 am
jamesedwards wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:48 pm
patagoniaboy wrote:
Thanks
Hi thanks for the reply, by this I assume you mean setting both refresh rates on the OCS and in guardian to 200ms? Thanks
Yes, or faster ideally - I am always set to 20ms even though TPD refresh is approx 200ms. Be aware that if the market is not loaded into OCS then the Guardian refresh has to cycle through all applicable markets so you need to either have only a few markets loaded, or use the restrict refresh option otherwise it can take several seconds to refresh each cycle on your in-play race.
patagoniaboy

awesome, will have a look at this also!
TPD-Zone

Unfortunately we encountered some technical issues yesterday, Friday 19th August; one of our service providers suffered a server outage due to an earlier DNS issue. The result of this being that TPD data was not available re a number of races.

If you were impacted by this, please drop a brief email to support; [email protected] and we will allocate additional races to your account, by way of recompense.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
patagoniaboy

Hi there,

Still very new to TPD! However, today I've gone to the "status" page as I normally would to see which races are being supported, but it seem to be the "page can't be found". I was wondering if anybody else has had this issue and whether it is a server side error from TPD or whether there are no horse races supported by them today.

Many thanks
Euler

Ffos Las and Newcastle today. The status page appears to be OK to me?
Dallas

Loaded for me too but it is taking around 6-7secs to appear
jamesedwards

What happened with Your Spirit in the Ripon 14:35? Was not tracking correctly then distance to finish dropped in one second from 550m to 69m then to 0m.
jamesedwards

jamesedwards wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:54 pm
What happened with Your Spirit in the Ripon 14:35? Was not tracking correctly then distance to finish dropped in one second from 550m to 69m then to 0m.
I don't know if there is a faulty transponder at Ripon today but also very strange readings from Little Ted in the 1510 and then Bossipop in the 1540.

I have cancelled my automation for the rest of the card.
TPD-Zone

Regarding Ripon yesterday, 30th August. Initial investigations have highlighted missing sections of data re the 14:35 and 15:10. The 15:40 unfortunately suffered from very inconsistent radio reception. Mitigating actions are underway.
jamesedwards

Major error.

Monmouth race 2 looks like the transponders were swapped for 2) Mademoiselle Nova - who finished distanced into last with 4) Runaway Rumour who was beaten by 1/2 length into 2nd.
jamesedwards

jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:40 pm
Major error.

Monmouth race 2 looks like the transponders were swapped for 2) Mademoiselle Nova - who finished distanced into last with 4) Runaway Rumour who was beaten by 1/2 length into 2nd.
Screenshot from the race shows the on-track position graphics were using the same TPD data, clearly demonstrating the error throughout.
monmouth tpd transponders swapped 4.png
TPD-Zone

Re Monmouth Sat 3rd Sep R5 - investigations have concluded that GPS trackers were indeed switched between Mademoiselle Nova and Runaway Rumour. This is being taken up with the relevant parties in the US.

Return to “Bet Angel - Total Performance Data - FAQ's”