Calculating 'time advantage'?

Integrate live racecourse data into your favourite Betfair trading interface from TPD.
climpies

A lot of the marketing for TPD appears to be based on faster pictures, beat the normal punter. Can you calculate how far in front you are over say the betfair video feed?

I'm guessing it's record the time all the horse's speed is over X mph, get the time the market suspends, and the difference is your delay.

Not sure it's actually of any use either as you're just going to be against other data users rather than punters.
Dallas

You just need watch how much later a race is turned in-play compared to when they actually went in-play by watching the data suddenly spring to life
https://youtu.be/cLzjkeKTIf0?t=253

Also TPD don't provide any faster pictures, its the telemetry data that comes from the runners but as you've seen that's several seconds ahead of the BF live video and would be even more versus regular TV pictures
The Silk Run

I dont believe this product has improved since I last used it some time ago. I haven't seen any positive feedback on the forum since they introduced it to the Bet Angel brand and its users. I would like to be proven otherwise and wait in anticipation .....
climpies

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:44 pm
You just need watch how much later a race is turned in-play compared to when they actually went in-play by watching the data suddenly spring to life

Also TPD don't provide any faster pictures, its the telemetry data that comes from the runners but as you've seen that's several seconds ahead of the BF live video and would be even more versus regular TV pictures
Yes, this is what I'm taking about. Is it worth calculating the delay in automation, say the delay is 6 seconds and you want to snipe the winner, you could snipe based on time left before suspend rather than sniping at a set Y distance from the finish?
jamesedwards

climpies wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:38 am
Dallas wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:44 pm

Yes, this is what I'm taking about. Is it worth calculating the delay in automation, say the delay is 6 seconds and you want to snipe the winner, you could snipe based on time left before suspend rather than sniping at a set Y distance from the finish?
Betfair in-play and suspensions are often not in-time with the event. Sometimes it is way off.

Return to “Bet Angel - Total Performance Data - FAQ's”